The Character-A-Fortnight Event : CAFÉ 004

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2007
default-rol -- nice ^ ^...I prefer the first texture more..the pink and the green colour seems
like can' fit well..maybe a different green will make difference....

still having problem with the projection master thing...
so..can;t finish this workshop d...sorry..
looking forward for the next one...^ ^..

05 May 2007
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by questionmarks: still having problem with the projection master thing...
so..can;t finish this workshop d...sorry..
looking forward for the next one...^ ^..

Hey questionmarks,

What kind of problems are you getting in projection master? I've got a few at the moment too - but that's a resolution issue on my ZBrush mesh. Geometry HD in ZBrush 3 is supposed to fix slippage, but I can't get it to work - keeps crashing the program at the moment. Need to invest in more RAM I think...

Cheers and see you for the next round.

MIKE

<<< FINAL EDIT >>>

Posing him has been a bit of a nightmare, but I must say that the new Transpose tool in ZBrush 3 looks like it could be quite special... "Thank you" Pixologic!

<FINAL POSE>

I'm not doing the colour map, as I can't take it in to photoshop as I would like to do, so I can do it how I would like. ZBrush is good for colour, but it will take some getting used to. I'm still a lot happier doing it in photoshop "The good old fashioned way," and then pumping it up in Zbrush (cloning over seams etc.) Also, I really aim to get Geometry HD working on the next project as that looks amazing. This project has been a great ice breaker into ZBrush 3 for me though, so I can't be disappointed all in all.

Congratulations and well done to all who took part this time round - you've all done some amazing work.

cheers and see you all in the next round tomorrow, I hope.
MIKE

Last edited by default-rol : 05 May 2007 at 08:09 PM.

05 May 2007
Well im never going to get this finished but. How the HELL do you select multiple faces? All I can figure out is how to add, subtract and a few other stuff with the tool... but how do you select several faces and move them etc? I know you can do it cause ive been watching this http://www.veoh.com/videos/v525816fTn4JAMR (and turning green). I also think you can 'extrude' (I don't know if that's the correct term for Zbrush) the faces you select, as he did that to make some braclet-like things.

EDIT: I think i fixed it By accident... i was just doing stuff trying to figure it out for myself...held control and dragged! So i Mask it.. I just need to figure out how to 'extrude' it now...

Last edited by Infuscos : 05 May 2007 at 08:53 PM.

05 May 2007
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Infuscos: Well im never going to get this finished but. How the HELL do you select multiple faces?

Shift+Ctrl Left Button Drag to select faces in ZBrush. (selection mask turns green.) Shift+Ctrl left button tap on the canvas to bring your whole tool back. Ctrl+left button drag to mask. Ctrl+left button drag on the canvas itself to clear a mask you've made.

Originally Posted by Infuscos: EDIT: I think i fixed it By accident... i was just doing stuff trying to figure it out for myself...held control and dragged! So i Mask it.. I just need to figure out how to 'extrude' it now...

I've done you a couple of screen grabs on how to extrude below >>> I hope you find them useful:

1> Shft+Ctrl Left mouse drag to isolate what you want to extrude (the rest will disappear.)

2> Move your selection so you can see the extrude when it takes place (close to profile for example.) Then snapshot an image of your original mesh to the canvas. (See picture below)

3> Under Tool:deformation, use the slider controls to extrude your mesh (Inflate works quite well.) Your mesh will extrude, leaving the snapshot of your original mesh in place, so you know how far it has displaced.

4> Then go to Tool:Geometry and hit "Edge loop" to complete the operation. (NOTE: your mesh must be a polyMesh3D to see this operation under the geometry tab.)

Then all you have to do is Shift+Ctrl left button tap on your canvas to bring the whole lot back, then Ctrl+N to clear away your snapshot and we're done. Easy, (sort of.)

Hope that helps
MIKE

Last edited by default-rol : 05 May 2007 at 09:19 AM.

05 May 2007
Arrow CAFÉ 005 up and running....

<<< Welcome to CAFÉ 005 >>>

05 May 2007
May 26, 2007

Worked on this design a little more this morning.

Glenn

05 May 2007
Couldn't help myself

Had to kit him up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dinorider9.jpg (25.4 KB, 14 views)

05 May 2007
shit i didn't make it on time! well here is the pencil rendering anyway. I didn't have time to clean it up as good as i wanted to but hey. let me know what you think. i'll do the coloring some other time and let you know when it's done. Good work everyone and see yah at the next one.

Myspace www.myspace.com/olszakmike

Sketchbook

05 May 2007
HEY...Michael....NICE DRAWING... ....Really like how the legs show the wieght and stress on them, adding rythum to thier movements, You created a great sense of motion and action ....can feel a nice bone structure throughout also.. ....GREAT JOB..
Looking forward to seeing your work on #5........GIANTS..
TAKE CARE
Glenn

05 May 2007
Thanks dude. I'm looking forward to it too. see yah there

Myspace www.myspace.com/olszakmike

Sketchbook

05 May 2007
radiosity in cinema

too late for deadline
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dinoglobal11.jpg (48.6 KB, 13 views)

05 May 2007
May 27, 2007

Little more work on the design of this character
Turning him into a dragon
One idea leads to another

Glenn

05 May 2007
May 28, 2007

Calling this version of my character Done.

Glenn

05 May 2007
May 29, 2007

My final for these two versions

Glenn

05 May 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread