Critiques, please...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #1
Unhappy Happy Mushroom Project

Hi guys! Well, this is a job that I like to say just a smile can make our lives a little more enjoyable ... the world can end up on our side but if we maintain a good sense of humor and a nice smile ... nothing will affect us this image was rejected in the gallery of CGSocyet and would like your help to improve it ... now, grateful!

Last edited by Krikalev : 03 March 2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Rules of Forum

Old 03 March 2013   #2
Hey man,

This looks like an interesting piece. To be honest, since its interpretive, I really cant say much on how to improve it.

Could you talk a little more about the style you're going for? There are a few small things with the lighting and shading that could be adjusted to improve the technical quality of the image.

-AJ

Old 03 March 2013   #3
Thanks guy

Good evening, AJ1! Well I want to go on the fantastic art in style cartoon ... in which you can help me now I'm grateful ... hug.

Old 03 March 2013   #4
Hey man,

Like I said, I cant really say much for the composition, as that's your art. But there are some things with the lighting that seem amateurish.

The grass, the volcano, and the eggs look ok, but the contrast on the sky seems to high. The underside of the mushroom seems too dark. Your purple and orange point lights look too narrow and sharp. It might help to move those further away so they provide a more even light. I think the shadows on the stem also look to sharp. Also try reducing the power of your bump map, and increase the size and falloff of your specular reflections.

If your familiar with any indirect illumination techniques, they really might help to soften up your scene.

-AJ

Old 03 March 2013   #5
Thanks, guy! Thank you very much!

Old 03 March 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread