C4D Octane Live Preview showing blown out images

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

02 February 2018
C4D Octane Live Preview showing blown out images

When I try to change HDRI's or anything this is still the result I get. The exposure is all set to default and someone recommended to see if I had automatic exposure turned on but couldn't find that setting.

02 February 2018
Try not using HDRI Link and see what happens. Are you using an Octane camera? Hard to tell from your screenshot.

Best thing is to post a file. You can leave out the cookware. Just stick in a cylinder that is scaled about the same with the material applied.

I'd be happy to take a look. I am using Octane 3.0.8, so there is a chance that I might get a different result than what you are seeing.

02 February 2018
Yeah I just went and deleted HDRI link but it still happens.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iU...iew?usp=sharing

I did put an Octane camera but not sure that did anything.

02 February 2018

OK I tried your file. First thing I did was add in a cyc and apply an Octane diffuse material (White) to it.
Then I replaced the C4D material that was on the spoon with an Octane glossy material.
I made a different Octane Sky and added a GSG_PRO_STUDIOS_METAL_011 HDRI to that (I can't send you that file, but maybe you already have it since you have HDRI LInk).
There is a second Octane Sky with an Octane Gradient. Looks OK, but not as nice as the GSG Pro Metal one.
Another thing to try is to go into your Octane Settings and change the Cameraimager Response to either sRGB with a Gama on 1.0 or Linear with a Gama of 2.2
And also try adjusting the exposure setting.
I upped your Direct Lighting samples to 256. Still very low, but OK for Look-Dev.
That's it.

02 February 2018
Here's a link to the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8hz1h8cy...020318.zip?dl=0

reply share thread