Online Render Farm Recommendations

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

10 October 2015
I keep reading about these farms that offer plugins to automate upload of files.
While that sounds cool, Render king offers Dropbox syncing.

So all you do is collect your file to your local RK Dropbox folder on your hard drive, then open your web browser to launch your jobs (or rearrange in the queue, etc)

Your results end up on your hard drive in (almost!) realtime--depending on your internet speed.
Its a great system.

I will often link my AE project directly to the RK dropbox so the results show up in my AE comps as I work. A real time saver.

Oh--and Dann paid me thousands of dollars for this post.
Thanks Dann.

10 October 2015
The plugins arent so much about the uploading, its mostly the checking routines which come in handy. They tend to force your hand with silly file names, large video clips, incorrect render settings etc.

10 October 2015
Here is another one to the fray. Includes $50 credit. http://www.bilby.com/
I haven't sent any jobs through - keen to see how it pans out. I think the collaboration tools look a little awkward - but might be beneficial to some.

Last edited by Kaptain Kubrick : 10 October 2015 at 10:32 AM.

10 October 2015
Originally Posted by Kaptain Kubrick: Here is another one to the fray. Includes $50 credit.
I haven't sent any jobs through - keen to see how it pans out. I think the collaboration tools look a little awkward - but might be beneficial to some.

You didn't say which farm you were referring to - assume you meant bilby.com?

10 October 2015
Thanks everyone for your replies. I ended up trying several different places, blowing quite a few $$$ and wasn't thrilled with any of them to be honest. Garagefarm is next on my list since so many seem to have had good experiences.

I did give bilby.com a try (being in the same city I'd be mad not to) as it looks very tempting. Unfortunately they didn't support R16.051 at that point, but the owner gave me a call (within minutes - pretty amazing) to explain the problem and then they have added support for 16.051 as of last week so I'll give them a go in the future for sure.

After everything I found myself missing Rebus quite a lot! I didn't miss the plugin though. Far prefer an FTP/Dropbox upload.

11 November 2015
I guess most of you already noticed, but C4D is running again on Rebus and they give away 50 EUR in render credits for C4D users.

11 November 2015
RenderKing

I've used RenderKing numerous times and would do so again if my small internal farm doesn't keep up. Dann is fantastic to work with and his customer service is the best.

I don't have experience using other farms, but I'd say RenderKing would provide you with everything you need.

Terry

11 November 2015
Drop and Render

Hi guys!

We build a new C4D plugin that has many powerful features.

We are looking for beta testers, follow the link to the cgsociety post to read all about it!

CGSociety Post

Drop and Render website

11 November 2015
Has anyone used an online render farm that offers Arnold as an option?

03 March 2016
Any further recommendations on render farms for Cinema 4d? I have used rebus a bit, and while it's _ok_, it's not perfect. Can't seem to render 16bit tiffs, and the customer support is.. a bit weird..

Would be interested in hearing about affordable alternatives with a handy workflow, thanks.

03 March 2016
Originally Posted by gargle: Any further recommendations on render farms for Cinema 4d? I have used rebus a bit, and while it's _ok_, it's not perfect. Can't seem to render 16bit tiffs, and the customer support is.. a bit weird..

Would be interested in hearing about affordable alternatives with a handy workflow, thanks.

Hi Gargle,

Check out our tools, we think is everything you are looking for.

in-app plugin, automatic downloads, managing software and more

If you have any question about it, let us know!

Drop & Render

2 Weeks Ago
Hi c4d users,
We would like to introduce the new Render Farms, called Super Renders, supported Cinema 4D, 3ds Max, Maya. This platform provided a cool software, which integrated directly with Cinema 4D, 3ds Max, Maya applications. Its help you render your project and saved your results to your harddrive like your workstation.

We are now looking for Beta user, and offer FREE rendering services during Beta Launching Program. Our farm avaiability 24/7, with support team will help as soon as we can.

Visit our website, create new account and get FREE rendering service.

Thank you for your reading.

reply share thread