Machineflesh 2D Challenge Entry: Aaron La'Gere

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2004
Machineflesh 2D Challenge Entry: Aaron La'Gere

Aaron La'Gere has entered the Machineflesh 2D Challenge.

03 March 2004
Concept Sketch: Concept

When I read the requirements for the contest an idea instantly come to light. I won't share just yet but let's just say it involves a slightly more morale decision on slavery.

The concept has basically a few ideas for the final image, nothing I wouldn't change completely if I thought it could work better.

03 March 2004
hey cool picture!

My Machineflesh Challenge Entry

04 April 2004
Concept Sketch: lagerea-Concept-4-1-04

Because I don't really do "line art" I mean I tried, it just doesn't work for me. I have to pretty much just airbrush the image and then submit it as as the line art milestone and move on to wip coloring.

I will add more info about the image on my line art submission.

04 April 2004
Concept Sketch: concept-4-4-04

I'm trying to tighten up the details a little without getting too complex making the image appear to have noise. I did more work on the hand and moved down to the "chain" I'm confident even with the figure deformations in the arm I can create the illusion of depth.

04 April 2004
Without explanations of your concept it's hard to make any comment...

Will it be only black and white ?

04 April 2004
I'm sorry, no it will be in color. I don't want to share too much information about the scene just yet. I will be sure to give more information in further posts about what I'm actually doing with the image though.

04 April 2004
Concept Sketch: concept-4-21-04

I have had to spend all my free time on other projects lately so it was kind of nice to set aside an hour and work on the contest entry.

I have been focusing this last part on defining the feeling of the head. I made a decision not to create the face until last because I believe with a face the viewer searches for emotion and feeling, and until I have the rest of the feeling in the image defined I could end up having to recreate the face.

I am having trouble deciding what to do with the arm, I don't want to go overboard and miss the deadline for the final image but I want it to be cool.

04 April 2004
Concept Sketch: concept-4-24-04

I decided I am going to try and squeeze in the extra time to make the arm more interesting. I also did some work on the neck area.

05 May 2004
Concept Sketch: concept-5-2-04

I had to stay up a little later then I wanted to work on this, but I think it's worth it.

I have defined the shape and feel of the arm, and some details. I think the meat in the arm is a good thing.

05 May 2004
The shapes and the style and all are really kool... but i dont really get it...

05 May 2004
Your style is bloody awesome. It looks 3d but still looks 2d..just cool. Im guessing you're using a Wacom and painting in Photoshop or Corel Painter.

My Machineflesh Challenge Entry

05 May 2004
Nice job! the metalic surfaces are cool!

I really waiting for some colors... !

Hei dude, I invite you to see and comment my project, the TEMPLAR.

Keep the great job!

see my TEMPLAR project in the contest

05 May 2004
I use a logitech mouseman dual optic, no tablet. I use photoshop cs. If you look at teh edges you cna tell I make up for the lack of fluid lines by accessive smudging. Despite that I would say I have one of the smoothest mouse hands I've ever seen.

05 May 2004
Concept Sketch: concept-5-16-04

Heres an update.

share thread