Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 10-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
biezuanon
portfolio
Gabriel Zuanon
Araraquara, Brazil

3ds MAx 2013 "selection" issue

Hi everyone.
This is my second post here, the fist one was about low framerates on max 2013 in wireframe mode. For my happiness, we as able to find the answer for that.
Now I'm posting 'cause a bug / problem when selecting things on top view, wireframe mode.
Sometimes its very hard to select an objetc. I do click on that, but something else is selected.
I know things like this use to happen on previous versios, but I could manage it. Now, it's just impossible to select a camera, for example... then I have to select by name, or somethng.
This is going on top view, wireframe mode.
Is someone else having the same issue? Is there some way to workaround that?
Thank's again, folks. You're my favorite digital saviors.
Cheers.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
viro
Know-it-All

portfolio
Michael Burgoyne
Technical Director
Infuse Medical
Salt Lake City, USA

This will help by filtering the type of object you can select.

http://docs.autodesk.com/3DSMAX/15/...B65CD801652.htm

Old 11-19-2012, 12:31 AM   #3
biezuanon
portfolio
Gabriel Zuanon
Araraquara, Brazil

still having that problem

Well, I'm using the filter, but I'm not enjoying it.
I can't use the filter for every single selection I have to do. My scenes are complex (architecture with lots of furniture), and I will spend a lot of time filtering if I'm going this way.
And then, sometimes, I have objects of the same type, so I can't filter.
The issue is exactly this: Even when in wireframe mode, it selects the first planes of the view. So, if I'm looking at a house plan and want to select a table, I can't, 'cause it selects the ceiling, the slab or the roof.
I'm hiding some objects, but i realy wish to fix this. Legacy versions of MAX were not giving me this kinda problem.
So, tranks everyone. I hope there is a solution for that.
Cheers"

Old 11-19-2012, 01:01 AM   #4
biezuanon
portfolio
Gabriel Zuanon
Araraquara, Brazil

HELP!
The problem is getting worse than ever!
I moved lots of objects in my scene that i shouldn't. My scene is getting screwed up because of this selection problem.
I just can't seem to select the right object!
And, correcting thinks I said before, it select objects in planes ABOVE and BELOW the desired object. Even they NOT BEING AT MOUSE POINTER.
I just can't understand this!

Old 11-19-2012, 01:36 AM   #5
musashidan
Bar Stool Enthusiast

portfolio
Daniel McGrath
Dublin, Ireland

I'm getting similar problems here on 2013. Really weird selection bugs that I've never experienced before in any version(since Max 4)

For wire outlined objects like lights/cameras/vray proxies,etc, I have to marquee select or use the select dialogue. Sometimes the objects are not even visible in the dialogue list. And other times the command panel is completely blank when the object is selected!!

It's definitely a new bug introduced in 2013 and probably related to the many nitrous glitches. Hopefully this will be addressed soon, although it seems completely random so hard to pin down.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
robinb
Expert

Curious. Max 2013 is much better than before for me. In the few versions before that, I'd have all sorts of issues with selections selecting objects in no way under the mouse. Especially when the objects were clipped by the viewport. Double especially when they were clipped by the front of the view. This is fixed for me now. But they did change the code, so it might have had other side effects.

It might be useful to post some screengrabs or videos showing what you're clicking on and which object gets selected. And of course report them as bugs through the official bug report.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #7
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread