Some weirdness after latest X-Particles update

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

1 Day Ago
Originally Posted by obeardy: The EA gives earlier access to features, but not all of them that are in development and sooner than waiting the previous 2 year release cycles (XP2 to XP3, XP3 to XP4). The next EA build will bring more features and then we'll do a release build of these to all users. So yes, you will get all these features in a release build. Try the EA build, it has major improvements to speed and liquids. If you want to see what is going on I suggest joining us on Discord:

http://discord.gg/6FDFkcU

HTH.

[EDIT I read it wrong initially. Ignore my question if you saw it. I understand what you're saying now.]

Last edited by Blinny : 1 Day Ago at 02:48 PM.

1 Day Ago
Originally Posted by Blinny: Sorry to sidetrack with what amount to licensing questions but yeah I think we're on same page. I don't quite get the bold part though. WRT same are you saying that if I were to join EA today and download the build, some of the features seen in that build will be in the next interim update that non-EA users get, and some won't?

IOW let's arbitrarily say the next update will hit on June 1. What non-EA license holders go and download on that day, may only contain select improvements from what's in today's EA build? IE some of the things in the EA build may not be officially released until later?
There are more features in development than in the current EA build, more will appear when they are ready in the next build. We will be releasing more information as soon as possible. HTH.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy, am I or are the others crazy?

1 Day Ago
Indeed! Always appreciate hearing directly from Insydium in this forum. You guys kick arse.

1 Day Ago
Can a person revert back to the standard release after switching to EA builds?

I'd like to try it but don't want to be stuck with a possibly troublesome build if I commit to an XP project - or if I'll need to be sharing files with some other non-EA user.

1 Day Ago
Originally Posted by mikeh64: Can a person revert back to the standard release after switching to EA builds?

I'd like to try it but don't want to be stuck with a possibly troublesome build if I commit to an XP project - or if I'll need to be sharing files with some other non-EA user.
Yes, please see the EA info on our site. The EA build is a different URL so you can download and use either of them as you wish. From the EA build onwards all XP updates will have the option in the XP prefs to show the release or EA builds. HTH.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy, am I or are the others crazy?

reply share thread