The lonely old man

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2004
Just to add a little since I didnt see anyone else mention it, but the light fog looks very awkward to me. Since the scene is so well lit I would imagine that if the air inside that room was so heavy (Im not sure why it would be since its very clear outside, but maybe your intending it to be this old mans spirit or something of that nature) even the bounced light in the room would be foggy.

The change seems very extreme. Light appears to be bouncing all over the room yet the only place where this heavy fog is apparent is in the path of the light comming in through the window and to the wall it meets, the rest of the room is completely clear.

Other than that its a nice image and definately a cool idea.

03 March 2004
Wink

Although I really like the overall idea I think it's deserve much more work and thinking. If you want fog inside so well lit room, well, you're doing a bit of fantasy here . First of all, you should darken the whole room, and then strength (easiest way: migthy post-production) the silhouette of the old man in the fog. Then you should think about this chair, because when I've look on it, I have this feeling of chair overlaping the wall. And then floor - ok, guy is old, but he just got himself nice, shiny, so clean floor? Afterwards, window - the only thing window relfects it's old man - what about rest of it? And you should darken it and desatureate it, becase my first impression was that this is some kind of projected image on the wall.

As I said before, great concept and idea, but there are still those few things bothering me.

Cheers,
Pavle

04 April 2004
Wink

Well, the lonely old man didn't got into the Exposť II, but thanks for everyone's support!

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread