WIP - Grand Maester Room

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

02 February 2018
Been continuing the process of texturing things this week, here are a couple renders.
There are still things im not happy with at the moment:
- Landing wood, needs to have a bit more red in the colour.
- Wall tiles are too perfect in shape at the moment, and texture work still needs some work.
- A big issue im having is textures coming out too dark in my scene, so im having to increase exposure of the diffuse, but i feel this is causing some assets to look off. Ive tested the pipeline, going from substance to arnold, and I set it up right, it is purely the light in the scene. We've played around with the lighting, but increasing it can cause some areas to get blown out a bit.

02 February 2018
Originally Posted by ZeT3D: I noticed that your models sometimes have sharp geometrical edges. In reality, they wouldn't look like that. It's good to add some chamfer/bevel so they will catch some highlights. Unlessyou left it for later.

While that used to be standard modeling workflow, using a "roundcorners" shader is much faster and simpler, nowadays.
Commodore 64 @ 1MHz
1541 Floppy Drive

"Like stone we battle the wind... Beat down and strangle the rains..."
  4 Weeks Ago
Yeah there are some sharp edges on things, I just keep forgetting to change them, but i shall make sure they're done before the final render!

Some more progress on some assets.
Some shaders/textures, such as the window, carpet and parts of the clock are just temporary for now. They're just done so i can get a bit of a feel for things.

I'm struggling a lot with the wall at the moment to try and get it looking right, so for now I've just put a base material on whilst i focus on other things then will come back to it soon. Still not entirely happy with how this is going, but I've still got lots to do and 7 weeks left, but i'm really enjoying the texturing process which is something I have struggled with in the past!

2 Weeks Ago
Just some more progress renders.

I've been playing with the lighting a lot more over the last week or so, its starting to get there, but still a lot of work to do.

5 Days Ago
Finally finished my first pass on everything. Still a lot that needs work, but these last remaining weeks will now be tweaking, refining and really trying to nail the look of this room.

reply share thread