Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Simon Joyce

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2009
To be honest, i don't know if i can make it either, but hey, it wouldn't be the first time the challenge got extended. It used to be enough for a 3d still image, but damn, for animated short it's way too little. Just take a look at all entries and see how far they are from completion. There are a few freaks that got quit far, but it there are not too many, it's a big chance we'll see an extension.

And if it doesn't come, well it should be a great portfolio piece with little effort afterwards. Otherwise all work is gone.

So my advice: Just keep working
I'm gonna do the same thing as long as i don't run into some major software probs again. I had one last week but i got over it.

cheers

01 January 2009
I know. Its how we feel. But I cant see how were going to get things rendered much less animated. every bodys busy. Ive put off one job for the challenge and Im starting a new one today.
So there just isnt enough time to get it how we want. We may continue just to have an end image.
some updates on fenris btw.

MY HMC

01 January 2009
Well, should you guys decide to just go for a still image and just update it here whenever you have the time... I would love to continue watching! Even if its not eligible for either challenge prize, it still helps support the challenge and keep others going

Anyways I give you all 5 stars for the work you got done. It seemed like a major milestone that boone to crossed so... my props to him. Sim and Airflow... my hats off to you!

01 January 2009
I agree with Nico (Nothingness) - don't give up, keep going! You have a great idea on your hands, and you have already created lot's of assets - use them as good as you can, if not for the prizes then for your own showreels.

Our team have experienced the same crisis: one of our team members have decided to stop. It is hard to get over frustration at first, but, hey, how often we get to do our own things at work, it's always somebody elses idea and "baby" we are putting our efforts into. And here is a good chanse to put our hards into our own idea!

You have done a great work so far, and, yes, we have seen deadlines moved before, who knows, may be you will still be able to finish it

Steampunk (Video)
Musi panels: A, B, C

01 January 2009
Great models! Keep on posting!

We have also a big problem that our 3d artists are very busy at work so what we are going to do is to call some friends to help!! We have a lot of models to finish and each person will help at least with one. The main goal is to have a 30 sec movie to show so will will reduce some details to be able to complete this challenge.

Good luck!!

01 January 2009
Thanks for your support guys. We discussed things and all agreed that I should take the assets I built and make a still entry, which is what I did. I dont think it would have been possible for us to have done much more on the video entry as we did not have ther resources to get the renders out, maybey 3 machines between me and simjoy, and not being able to put the time in, though I spent most of my spare time on this, as did the others.
Anyway, Ive entered the Still competition. I think I got about a day left to get things together, Im posting a update so pop over and say hello. Thanks
Rob.

Link

MY HMC

01 January 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread