Abandoned Train for games

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2013
Abandoned Train for games

Hi Guys!

I am creating this thread in search of inspiration. I am to make a current-gen (I'm talking ps4 and xbox:one here) game asset and showcase it in UDK (I've never used UDK before )

This is a test assignment which is part of an application process for a credible games company and am told to really "use your imagination" having been given some images of a steam train as a loose reference.

I dont want to limit my creativity by worrying about poly counts and texel space yet - I just wanna riff it out in max for a bit right now. I need to get my creative juices flowing!

SO. Here begins my modeling (for now) WIP thread for my currently untitled train model! PLEASE crit and be as much of a jerk in doing so as you can possibly be - I need this to be a really nice asset; I don't have a deadline.

I also have to make the whole asset look abandoned (I'm thinking the whole Arkham City/Bioshock-1&2 vibe for this at the end)

Thankyou

Last edited by RossHildick3D : 12 December 2013 at 08:14 PM.

12 December 2013

Reference sheet I am using to start off; the top-right image was the one provided to me.

If anyone has anything they think looks cool please dont hesitate to upload it or point me to it. Even show me some of your own work if you like. I need to get more inspired

Thanks

12 December 2013

12 December 2013

I've taken a bit of a direction with this next one; still trying things out. Its though annoying as I don't have much time to work on this much lately and unfortunately can't allow it to consume me as most projects tend to do.

12 December 2013
Looking great. I do not know what I can critic except good luck for the test assignment.

12 December 2013
Thanks

12 December 2013
Huh wow I love the design language and the level of detail.
How are you going to texture all of that?

Cheers
Andre

12 December 2013
I'm allowed 4k maps. At the moment I'm really just trying to pin the design down. If I have to cut stuff later I will but The only think I can see having to go now are the cogs but again, dont want to limit creativity yet

(in other words, I Have no idea - we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, haha... got a few tricks up my sleeve though)

12 December 2013
Design is looking great. I really like the structural stuff you have going on. Keep going!

12 December 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread