3ds max 2014 installation failed on windows 8

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2013
3ds max 2014 installation failed on windows 8

hello guys I was installing 3ds max 2014 at at the very end of the setup the setup stopped and gave me the error of
"failed to start mental ray satellite make sure you have sufficient system privileges to start the system services"---------it is not in exact wording

I am using the administrator account with UAC disabled.after googling a little I found that disabling all windows security features might help so I disabled all the security features including firewall and windows defender. Also I was having avast installed so I disabled all the shields of avast too. but I am still getting the same error..

Help please and thanks in advance

08 August 2013
3ds max 20144 installation fix

I found the solution on my own by experimenting a lot and reading on net forums for a long time... I exactly dont know why it works but it does the trick...

I was installing the 3ds max alone from the x64 folder from the main cd....So the first thing that is need to be done is to install all the softwares required to run 3ds max..SO do the following to make your problem vanish

1. Make sure you have administrator privileges on the user you ate trying to install 3ds max
2. So first of all I installed all the programs found in the "3rd Party" folder...Install all and dont skip a single one of software found in this folder.... some of the noticeable installations are:-
i. Dirext x ii.Visual redistributable all versions iii. Dot net frame work all versions

3. Install the software revo uninstaller by downloading from the internet ... A trial version is enough to do the trick..

4. Here is the fun part. Run 3ds max setup by right clicking the 3ds max setup from the x64 folder in the cd and choosing "install using Revo uninstaller" . During the installation it will still give some error simply click ok for the error. A desktop shortcut of 3ds max will be created. Simply click the shortcut of 3ds max and register your product... And voila you have 3ds max working on your machine.

08 August 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread