Importing a scene to .mb scene takes very long .ma is fine

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2013
Importing a scene to .mb scene takes very long .ma is fine

Hi there,

I'm experiencing a problem with a some scene. When I have the scene saved as a Maya binary format (testScene.mb) when I import another scene containing approximatelly 1500 Maya NURBS curves (curves.mb), it takes approx. 40 minutes to import. When I save the testScene.mb as an .ma file and import the same scene with 1500 curves it takse approx. 6 seconds! I deleted everything from the testScene.mb ... when I say everything I literally mean everything what can be deleted - all nodes, shading groups, materials, cameras, animation curves etc., even the undo queue has been cleared. Only non-deletable nodes stayed, and I save the empty scene as .mb and it still is messed up ... so I deleted everything and test import the curves.mb scene it takes again 40 minutes. When saved as .ma and opened in notepad++ there is nothing unusual for me - only initial nodes, and default nodes get created. Has anybody faced a problem like that with some damaged scene? How to debug it other than saving to .ma file, as .ma seems to be fine - there is something with the .mb scene?

Cheers,
Maciek

08 August 2013
When I diagnose problems like these I break it down:

Delete all but 10 curves and try again.
If you still fail to get the times you want:
then create a new set of NURBS curves and test them .... there could be something totally undetectably wrong with the current curves you have.

08 August 2013
Hey egglybagelface, thanks for response. The problem occured even when I imported cleared out scene to the buggy scene, so it took 40 minutes to import nothing to nothing. I spent last 2 days debugging the issue and found out that in .ma there are 2 uiConfig script nodes that were automatically created by maya at some point. When I delete th creation information from the .ma file and remove information regarding defaultLightSet and defaultObjectSet being changed to render only state, the scene opens and imports fine now.

Cheers,
M.

08 August 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread