Lara Croft, some help. =)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2012
Lara Croft, some help. =)

Hey guys, i'm looking for some help about my Lara Croft illustration, critiques and new ideas are welcome.

=)

12 December 2012
Looks good overall. I think her hips and thighs are a bit out of proportion from the upper body. Maybe make her hair wrap around her neck and fall on her chest, because right now it looks like an Aliens tail

12 December 2012
The braid is unnatural because why would it stick up like that? It's not the wind because her hair elsewhere is not blown wildly by such a strong wind. She also doesn't look like she just locked into that pose from some vigorous action that would throw her braid up like that. Things in your image need to have logic, or else it wouldn't feel credible.

The lighting feels slightly convoluted. Where exactly is your light source (direction, position), and what are your bounce surfaces in this scene?

Her hip seems to stick out to much on the right (our right) for no reason, as if she's got some strange growth there.

Her belt is unnaturally right, cutting into her flesh. That is extremely uncomfortable--try it and you'll see.

The perspective on the raised gun is incorrect. You need to redraw the perspective lines to make sure it is accurate. Also, don't just draw guns arbitrarily--there are precise reasons why guns are designed the way they are. You need to understand the mechanical structure of a gun, or else anyone who knows anything about guns will see your image and know that you didn't bother doing any research for your image at all.

12 December 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread