CG PFlow Driven Space Battle - Any Help Appreciated

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2005
ya all the side jets can be angled to compensate for gravity or to help it turn better
also the back one can be tilted in any direction. The only thing its really missing is counter thrusters to slow it down.

[the journey begins 3d entry]
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=328783

02 February 2006
Hey guys. I know this project hasn't really moved along very much lately, and the problem is, as the leader, i've been really busy with projects and school and that has kept me from coordinating efforts on this project. So i'm afraid to say, that i'm just going to let this project fade away for the time being. This has always been a personal project of mine and I shouldn't really have let it become a cooperative project as early as it was.

Perhaps when I find the time to work on the engine more and get a stable build of it out, i'll re-open this project with the team and make something of it, but, for now, thanks for all the work you've contributed, guys. I have kept it all and we'll very likely be using it when this project gets reactivated in the future.

Cheers.

02 February 2006
really sad to hear this but it was nice to work with you Tom I hope u could work on this soon

08 August 2006
Originally Posted by Cryptite: Not much been goin on in this thread, but there has been background work that's been constantly going on. On my end, i've reached a few impasses in the scripting of the engine that i've been so far unable to break through given i'm still a beginniner at MAXscript. Graphically, however, I've been slapping on some graphics for the simulations of the fights just to see what one might look like without the dots and circles and triangles representing everything. Here's a couple pics. The two are frames from one of the explosions (PFlow, mind you) for when ships are hit.

Greetings!
Cryptite can you give me little tutorial about this explosion? i'm using Pflow too, but not so good like u, just some information or skrinshot with script.
thank you.
Good Luck!

12 December 2006
I hope this project does not die...
I have a fighter model that I am almost finished that could be used.

12 December 2006
Sorry I didn't catch the last two replies until now.

@Greatto: The explosion was a rough one done with the help of the Afterburn plugin for 3ds max. If you search around the max forums you should find the Afterburn thread and Particle Flow thread; both of which should be able to help you create way better explosions than that one.

@Crazy Max: I wish it hadn't but I have neither the time nor know-how to get back into this project anytime soon. I assure you that if I work on it anytime in the future I'll get back to this thread and let everybody know about it. Other than that, that model is fantastic. Keep up the good work on that ground!

12 December 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread