Meet the Artist: Meats Meier

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2005
lordsol

your work is very cool dude, i know you like a lot to use zbrush, and also i was figure out how those images plugg in your mind?, its crazy but do you feel sometimes that someone out there is telling you how to do it?. some kind of force out there? i dont know something really powerfull telling you and give it to u those crazy and beutiful images?

Thanks man. Ha, ha! Mostly I just hear voices of people telling me not to do things (stop working already for the love of Pete!!).
I found that not listening to a lot of the voices in your head is the key to good, creative, art. Don't second guess yourself. Having the strength to just do what you feel like making without worrying what other people will think of it will let you flow creativly.

because i was waching ur stuff and wow dude i fell that something crazy happen to me. i was trying to do something crazy and my god is not anwsering the phone.

LOL!

Portfolio : www.3DartSpace.com

09 September 2005
Next Titles

Hi there Mr.Meier
i wonder what are the next digital production of the gnomon workshop?
thanks

09 September 2005
thanx meats 4 ur reply ...

* what is your advises 4 all who wanna learn 3d ... nd become a gr8 artist 1 day ?

* what is the way to work on the huge studioes .. like Pixar - Dreamworks - Disney ... etc

* why we didnt hear about any syudio that works with 3D Max ?? nd i work on it now .. do u think that i must turn to another programe ?

* would u like to visit Egypt ? ... i'll b so glade to meet u when u come here ...

thanx again meats ..

09 September 2005
SuperHero

Hi there Mr.Meier
i wonder what are the next digital production of the gnomon workshop?

Upcoming is: 4 disk set on MEL programming by Kevin Mannens, Digital Set Design Development by Mark Lefitz, GI w/ Vray Vol 2: Interiors by Chris Nichols. Release dates TBD on all. Lots of titles entering into production also, from matte painting camera projection to a series on tracking and roto..as well as my Illustration with Zbrush title.

Portfolio : www.3DartSpace.com

09 September 2005
Okay, since this thread isn't yet closed, I'll ask another question.

Why was Hellboy your favorite? What did you do on it? Are you a Hellboy or Lovecraftian fan?

Oh, by the way, we didn't win. My friend Sam nulman put up three other posters, one about our opponents practicing cannibalism, and two other weird ones. Needless to say, he got us thrown out of the race. He's also not allowed on the computers anymore.

Well, anyway, best of luck to you in the future.

09 September 2005
u rule man!!

hi meats!!!
i am a big fan of your art work. i have just one question for you! ive read somewhere that u worked one some movie (i guess it was Hell Boy or some other)any ways it said that you worked on it with maya fluids n stuff. now as you mentioned before that you are 100% selftaught. i mean i just dont get it!! how did you learn all this stuff, maya fluids and particals are qiuet hard to understand all by yourself. its just amazing that u learnt all this by your self. Is there any advice you would like give to us newbies who learn this stuff quickly!. i hope you understand my question/

09 September 2005
Sorry guys! This Q&A session is now over

Thanks a million to Meats for his participation!!

Thread Closed share thread