Where to find quality human models?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 04 April 2014   #16
Originally Posted by Troyan: Yep, plus there is some issue with shooting them in a t-pose making it even harder for rigging.

The only drawback using Daz models is even the high res skin textures aren't very high, so if you have to zoom in close like for an orthopedic procedure the skin starts to get blurry, not to mention no detailed normal or bump mapping. But it is great quality for next to no cost.

There are plenty of 4K res textures available thru Daz, but like you say, zooming in super close it will break up. But really, you're not going to find many models out there that come with 6-8K+ texture maps (at least I haven't---maybe on turbosquid?).

For those I create my own using resources like 3dsk http://www.3d.sk to work from.

Old 04 April 2014   #17
Originally Posted by JoelOtron: There are plenty of 4K res textures available thru Daz, but like you say, zooming in super close it will break up. But really, you're not going to find many models out there that come with 6-8K+ texture maps (at least I haven't---maybe on turbosquid?).

For those I create my own using resources like 3dsk http://www.3d.sk to work from.

Yeah, that's why Ten 24 is so attractive. Their scans are 10k. Apparently they just purchased another 100 cameras so that's promising. Do those 3d.sk shots come with anything prepped for normal mapping or do you just get the color to start from? How close have you gotten? Some of our shots are really tight on a 5" area of the skin, so we need a lot of detail.
HyperactiveVR
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Old 04 April 2014   #18
Originally Posted by Troyan: Yeah, that's why Ten 24 is so attractive. Their scans are 10k. Apparently they just purchased another 100 cameras so that's promising. Do those 3d.sk shots come with anything prepped for normal mapping or do you just get the color to start from? How close have you gotten? Some of our shots are really tight on a 5" area of the skin, so we need a lot of detail.

Actually been a few years since I've used 3dsk, but from what I remember it was only high res photos. I think they have some prepped UV textures there too if you dig around.

I knew the textures were pretty high on ten24, but didn't realize they were 10k. Nice.

Old 05 May 2014   #19
I recently used one of the old Zygote Humans-To-Go models (because they have clothes) and weighted it with Mixamo. Worked great and was done in less than an hour. You probably need more detail than those Zygote models, but have a look you might be able to cobble something together. The Mixamo weighting is better than anything I've ever got out of C4Ds auto skin, not to mention it saves me literally about a day and half messing with points. As far as Cinema has come in the weight painting department, I still have to allocate minimum 12 hours to get a model really working. Looking through that point list for red numbers is like hell on earth.

Old 05 May 2014   #20
Originally Posted by jerm: I recently used one of the old Zygote Humans-To-Go models (because they have clothes) and weighted it with Mixamo. Worked great and was done in less than an hour. You probably need more detail than those Zygote models, but have a look you might be able to cobble something together. The Mixamo weighting is better than anything I've ever got out of C4Ds auto skin, not to mention it saves me literally about a day and half messing with points. As far as Cinema has come in the weight painting department, I still have to allocate minimum 12 hours to get a model really working. Looking through that point list for red numbers is like hell on earth.

Are you exporting the Maya rigged characters into C4d for that? Or do they have a C4D option?

reply share thread