Something That My Design School Gave Me That Has Me CONFUSED!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2008   #31
it's to remind you that the simplest games are the best.

Old 10 October 2008   #32
I went to that school and I didnt get anything! well besides a shitty education from teachers that just graduated from the place themselves :(

One day I was hanging out with a game design teacher there and after months of asking he finally showed me his website and all that was on the site was a crap rendering of a skull and a list of about a 100 video games he beat.

Have fun!

Old 10 October 2008   #33
Heh, my old roommate was a game design major. his assignments didn't even involve a computer till the second semester of the second year; the whole first year and a half was pure theory, designing board/role-playing/"real world" games and usin' the ol' imagination, heh.

Old 10 October 2008   #34
Originally Posted by Matellis: I went to that school and I didnt get anything! well besides a shitty education from teachers that just graduated from the place themselves :(

One day I was hanging out with a game design teacher there and after months of asking he finally showed me his website and all that was on the site was a crap rendering of a skull and a list of about a 100 video games he beat.

Have fun!

what you put into the school is what you get out of it, i plan to go further than what the teachers teach me and teach myself in my own time at home or were ever i am, i dont know if you did that but im just saying? im planing to get the most and more out of my school and teachers, BTW my i ask you where you went to IADT?

Old 10 October 2008   #35
I went to the IADT in Toronto, Canada. The best thing I learned in that school was how to teach myself. But other then that it was only basics they thought. And the class only went as advanced as the least advanced student.

As long as you dont pull alnighters just to play counterstrike with your classmates and actually focus you will do alright

Old 10 October 2008   #36
Originally Posted by Matellis: I went to the IADT in Toronto, Canada. The best thing I learned in that school was how to teach myself. But other then that it was only basics they thought. And the class only went as advanced as the least advanced student.

As long as you dont pull alnighters just to play counterstrike with your classmates and actually focus you will do alright

oh ok, well i think every IADT school is different, like the teachers and how they teach. I think they might take it more serious here because EA is in Maitland, Orlando and also theres alot of military simulations that go around orlando

Old 10 October 2008   #37
side note, i see spray on fixative for preserving charcoal drawings and the like in your goodie pics. be careful with that stuff. its usually pretty toxic to breath in and if you use it indoors it can really hit ya hard. use it outdoors, and when you run out, get the cheapest plain old hairspray that you can. works the same and saves you cash, while being non-toxic (in moderation of course)

cheers on all those sparkly new books and instruments. nothing like the smell of a new kneadable eraser

Old 03 March 2009   #38
I would think that such things serve as a muse of sorts. If you watch "the making of" most pixar movies you get to see the character designers in their offices, notice they have a great deal of toys and stuff around. Not only does this set the mood to keep them in high spirits but it also serves to enhance their creative idea generation. I my self have posters toys and stuff lyng about where I do my work. Though I am only studyng animaiton at this point I feel that this sort of thing really does help.

it's better than sitting at an empty desk with nothing on it anyway's, that's my 5c

Old 03 March 2009   #39
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread