3Ds Max Particles system issues!!!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

12 December 2017
3Ds Max Particles system issues!!!

Hey guys,

I have this issue here in 3Ds Max. I am creating kinetic weapon flying in open space. It basically has got 4 flame thrower type thrust engines on sides. For flames I use FumeFX. I emit particles of each of them. afterwards i would like to move those emitter without affecting particles itself.

In other words i want to maintain the look of preview particle animation for those thrust engines while object moves. How i can achieve that?

like in the picture above and not like in the picture bellow.

12 December 2017
"Position object" check "Inherit Emiter".

Speed By Surface
Animated Shape
Subframe Sampling

Diretion:
Surface normals

Or there is the Data Operator but that's more complicated. You'll have more luckHere

Last edited by SD3D : 12 December 2017 at 10:33 PM.

12 December 2017
if you delete the particles sooner.....before they can trail off...... it might let you keep that look your trying to get.

also....if you use my solution...you might have to birth more particles to keep up your density

12 December 2017
Or if all else fails you can keep the object static and move/animate the enviroment around it instead.

12 December 2017
Hi, instead of linking your current particle systems directly to the weapon, u can try creating a mesher version of them and link these to the weapon.
The motion of the particles will be maintained while the weapon fly around but the downside is that now all the particles become geometry. This is more of a hack solution. Hope it helps.

12 December 2017
Thank You All guys! I found SD3D and Simply comments most useful! Thanks for quick response!

reply share thread