VTeixeira
Hello World

portfolio
Vitor Teixeira
3D Artist || Motion Graphics Designer
Espinho, Portugal

Send a message via MSN to VTeixeira
Heavens's Fall - The Betrayal

Hello everyone, this is the first time I'm posting some of my work that I've been doing lately and I would like to say it's a pleasure. Hope you enjoy and find it interesting enough for any type of critic/comment from your behalf.
Thanks in advance.

Heaven's Fall - The Betrayal is a fictional teaser with the objective of demonstrating and developing my own artistic and generalist skills in several areas like sculpting, projection painting, rendering, compositing, among others... I've been following the standard pipeline proceedings that are common in real environment productions but with some minor changes in general. I've created a blog to document, that will be available when the teaser is finished, the entire production with the intention to share, with the Artistic/CG Community, all the information about the my working process and to learn from every possible comments and critics that may come along the way.
I've started this project with the intention of working in the field that I most enjoy - fantasy. So, I took a year of my live to relearn what I've learned at the university and I started a small project from scratch, of course being unemployed helped a lot in this decision but it was the fact that I didn't like the work I was doing that really make a difference. I hated the type of "Artist" I was becoming and the type of work, especially it's quality, that I was doing.
I'm definitely a passionate dreamer but a year ago I felt that I wasn't prepared to bring my dream closer to reality. Being unemployed made me feel frustrated and angered at the same time. I lacked the confidence that I once had and my patient wasn't the same. I've always wanted to became an respectable and capable artist, to explore my creativity and to expose it to the world but at that moment in life I feel that I've lost a lot of opportunities and closed a lot of doors along the way.
So, fighting against my own resistance I started this project and I've learned a lot during this year but most of all I've recovered the pleasure and remenbered the reasons I went to Arts School in the first place.

I'm two months away of finishing this fictional teaser and making my production blog available so I wanted to share some of the assets I've been working so far.

I've created the base mesh and the UV's in 3ds Max 2012, exported to Zbrush for the sculpting, projection painting, lighting, shading and rendering of the passes (Basic Material, Diffuse, AO, Shadow, Mask, Chrome B) and some final touches in Photoshop.

HIGH RES

HIGH RES

HIGH RES

HIGH RES

HIGH RES

HIGH RES

HIGH RES

HIGH RES

Thank you all for taking the time of reading the introduction and watching the pics.
I'll be posting more images in the next days.
Cheers

Last edited by VTeixeira : 04-03-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
AJ1
User

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
A J
Indiana, USA

Hey man,

Cool! Everything looks nice and detailed. It does look a little tiled and procedural though. The wearing looks a little even, and seems more painted on, rather than caused by weathering or other forces. Your color palate also looks a little even. The column looks great, but I think the piece below it could use a little more variance with the materials and texuring.

-AJ

Old 04-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
VTeixeira
Hello World

portfolio
Vitor Teixeira
Espinho, Portugal

I started painting the mesh in zbrush by projection painting, I created a different base textures in photoshop for the different layers of the asset and started painting based on. The initial step was the base color, then the details, dark areas and for last I left the destructed areas so I think I agree with you when you make that statement.
Quote:
seems more painted on, rather than caused by weathering or other forces.

Regarding the area below, you are right once again, I could create more details in the painting but I didn't gave a lot of attention because that area you are never going to see it in the animation.
I tried not to create a lot of differences in the color palette cause I wanted to give that old look you know - colors and silhouette.
Thanks for the comments/critics AJ.
I really appreciate.
cheers

Old 04-14-2013, 11:34 PM   #4
VTeixeira
Hello World

portfolio
Vitor Teixeira
Espinho, Portugal

Hello everyone just wanted to share some more assets that I've done.
To avoid repetition I've created several versions of the same asset.
Cheers

High Res

High Res

High Res

High Res

High Res

High Res

Old 06-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #5
VTeixeira
Hello World

portfolio
Vitor Teixeira
Espinho, Portugal

Hello everyone,
first I would like to thanks for all the comments, I really appreciate the attention and the time you all took.
I'm now at the rendering stage, I think until the end of August all the production will be finished.
Before I make my production blog available to everyone I wanted to share this WIP that I created in behance so you all could take a look to the different stages of production.
Heavens's Fall - The betrayal
Thank you for your time.
I'll be posting more assets soon.
cheers

Old 08-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #6
VTeixeira
Hello World

portfolio
Vitor Teixeira
Espinho, Portugal

Just uploaded the 3D Animatic.
One more month and it will be completely rendered.
Hope you like it.
Here is the link.
https://vimeo.com/71499810
Cheers

Old 03-28-2014, 11:42 AM   #7
VTeixeira
Hello World

portfolio
Vitor Teixeira
Espinho, Portugal

Hello everyone,
just wanted to share the latests updates of my personal project that I'm almost finishing.
Here is the link - Heaven´s Fall WIP.
If you have any comments or critics they will be very appreciated.
Hope you like.
Thanks.
Cheers

reply share thread