CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Older Challenges (before 2007) > CG Challenge XVII - Master and Servant - 2D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 06-30-2005, 05:03 AM   #631
cgkrusty
Know-it-All

portfolio
Ken Henderson
Freelance Illustrator / Concept Designer
Home Studio
Comox, Canada

Congrats MIKE!!!

An honourable mention... too low on the podium I think but progress non the less!!!

my GSO entry | my M&S entry | my PORTFOLIO |

Old 07-02-2005, 11:39 AM   #632
BlackDidThis
Nobdoy Special, but ALIVE

portfolio
Black
Belgium

He he hey.. I knew I would be seeing your name in the lists... some how!

No I actually had hoped for having you higher than were they had preffered. But at least you have this image under your arm to carry around and show off with!

It was fun to pick at you the whole competition long... and also amazing to see how you patiently actually listened. Though The judges seem to agree that you should have gone with number 5.. or was it 7.. damn has been too long.

Great pleasure to get aquainted with you and your work! All the best to you and your ever observant wife!

Black

Old 07-02-2005, 06:25 PM   #633
walrus
I used too many monkeys

portfolio
Michael Dashow
Art Director / Illustrator
Oakland, USA

angel - Thanks! No Choice award yet, but I did make it onto the front page, so that's pretty cool!

arkinet - Thanks! Hope you'll be around for the next one, too. They should be announcing it in the next 4 weeks or so!

xric - Thanks, so did you.

pierre, benita, & ken - Thank you! Hope you all will be around for the next one too, we'll get 'em next time.

black - Thanks for all your help during the entire challenge. Maybe I wouldn't have gotten as much help from you if I weren't doing something so Lovecraftian, as that certainly grabbed your attention, but I do appreciate all of the help you had to offer. Can't guarantee a Lovecraft piece next time but I still hope you'll be 'round for it!

Catch you all soon - we have another one coming up!

-mike

Old 07-02-2005, 06:42 PM   #634
BlackDidThis
Nobdoy Special, but ALIVE

portfolio
Black
Belgium

Oh no it was the enthusiasm that got me to it... LoveCraft only enabled me to be able to comment more than I would maybe be able to.

This is not my only playground, I dedicate almost 8 or so hours of my days helping people through the internet in many area's I have a grasp on (Often getting abused ofcourse). But in any case, regardless to your image being H.P. Lovecraft or not; I don't think I shall be as helpfull here again after a very tasteless situation that I am still very annoyed by.

I am just started spending my spare evenings recently on redoing my entry in the 2D WIP forums and leaving it at that.. with an occassional visit to members dear to me or works that catch my attention. And I preffer leaving it to that for now.
I have some matters that may come my way this month on... and I may not be able to compete either. It all depends on the subject... I get seduced easily if they get as good as this one.

Well in any case all that matters is that you have done a wonderful peace of work that you should be very proud of... I am

Black

Old 10-07-2005, 10:43 AM   #635
medunecer
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Marco Fantechi
Illustrator-Designer
MeduNecer
Rome, Italy

Send a message via MSN to medunecer
great!

I have no words...Simply astounding! Great work!

Old 10-07-2005, 10:43 AM   #636
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread