one GTX 1080 VS two GTX 1060

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

6 Days Ago
one GTX 1080 VS two GTX 1060

Hi,

which one do you prefer for GPU rendering and why?

A GTX 1080 or two GTX 1060?

I am asking cuz the price of a 1080 is about the same price and two 1060 but looks two 1060 will be %25 faster than a 1080.

Also I would like to know if I use a egpu on my laptop, does it add to my internal GPU or it will disable the internal GPU? (if anyone have experienced it)

Thanks

6 Days Ago
I wolud go for the single faster and bigger card. If a rendering requires more memory than one of the 1060s has you are out of luck. eGPUs are for computational purposes, if your internal GPU is used or not depends on your choice and on it‘s capabilities.

5 Days Ago
Originally Posted by Srek: I wolud go for the single faster and bigger card. If a rendering requires more memory than one of the 1060s has you are out of luck. eGPUs are for computational purposes, if your internal GPU is used or not depends on your choice and on it‘s capabilities.
Srek, Thanks for the reply.

Ok, so better not to take the risk of running out of GPU memory.
The laptop has 1060 and of course an intel for display. I just want to make sure the eGPU will add on to the 1060, not disabling that. I know on desktop computers will be add on to the internal GPU but I was just not sure if there is anything different on laptops.

reply share thread