How to learn hard surface modeling?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

1 Week Ago
How to learn hard surface modeling?

Hey, I want learn hard surface modeling, quick and effective...but how ?

1 Week Ago
Buy Modo, do the tutorials, then practice modeling hard surface objects from reference. When you've finished some models, ask for feedback on various online communities. How quickly and effectively you learn will be up to your own ability to self teach.

1 Week Ago
Can you please tell me how to connect multipel objects in 3ds Max? I have a polygon that has flat top surface, and I want to attach a cylinder to it but to no avail? They can't "weld"???

1 Week Ago
Can you please tell me how to connect multipel objects in 3ds Max? I have a polygon that has flat top surface, and I want to attach a cylinder to it but to no avail? They can't "weld"???

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by skoobey: Can you please tell me how to connect multipel objects in 3ds Max? I have a polygon that has flat top surface, and I want to attach a cylinder to it but to no avail? They can't "weld"???
http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by Array: Buy Modo, do the tutorials, then practice modeling hard surface objects from reference. When you've finished some models, ask for feedback on various online communities. How quickly and effectively you learn will be up to your own ability to self teach.

Thank you for reply

1 Week Ago
Tackle something small to begin with, if by "hard surface" you mean leaning towards a manufacturedimplementbias.

While not necessarily "quick"however will in my honest opinion guarantee an effective self-teaching route in Max...

(to wit apaid proauthor'd workthroughvia an artist's work I much admire too cut your teeth on and by the wayI'd cut a few on as well)

Blade Tutorial

reply share thread