[Finished] VFX Personal Project - Under Attack

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

12 December 2017
Originally Posted by ratrod: me humble hombre
i think the wooden crate looks good to me. Like brandnew. I am not an expert, but i say the lighting makes it or breaks it nomatter how good its textured.
Not saying the light isn't good enough, but it can change the look, the mood dramaticly. Maybe make it look more worn out.

As for the car, might have more glossy/reflection in the paint. Car has a bit of plastic feel to it
Thank you for your considerations.
Well, for the crate you are right, those are just a studio light setup very simple, in the scene they work already better, they have been modelled, textured and shaded everything in something like 4 or 5 hours, just because I didn't like the older crates enough, and i'm close to my deadline. I might add some extra dirt on them, just to have some more variation if time permits it.

The car I know if feels strange, but it's in a military context and has been painted this color to avoid reflection and stuff. The thing is Back when I started I was starting to model an URAL truck for this scene, and the paint might have fit much better, problem is I got suggested to use the same car as the plate (in the background plate there is a citroen berlingo that has been replaced by this one) just so it could have felt more real. Then I realized it was not going to reflect the cg envrironment, and I wanted to change the color of the original one, and I started modelling the same car, but at that point I could have modelled the truck.

12 December 2017
Yes, afterwards you know better. URAL truck had been a better choice, but it is what it is now considering time deadline.

I now understand it with military paint camouflage. Well , what could you do to make that more of a likeness. What about a way
to have some sort of light absorbance? Just thinking of something, you know, like the paint would not have a shinyness at all? See
how that looks. There could be some color value fine tuning if you know what i mean. I like the idea, i hope you succeed

12 December 2017
it's finally finished.
This is the final product.
I would like to hear your opinions about it
https://youtu.be/SBGV5MBpPSo

Last edited by McDrake : 12 December 2017 at 02:30 PM.

reply share thread