2-MINUTE FILM CLUB!THE BIGCHASE: Valerio S. (Live action)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2005
2-MINUTE FILM CLUB!THE BIGCHASE: Valerio S. (Live action)

[EDIT]

Plot: A person (a cop? a thug?) irrupt in the place where members of a gang are doing their dirty affairs, he shoot to one of them but another one escapes, at this point begin a chase between the two through the street of the city but in the end...

Time: 48hr (including lunches)

Software Video: Final Cut Pro, After Effects

----------------------------------------------
Ok, until this night (5:39am is the time here now) i thought that I couldn't join this challenge due to school exams and lack of crew/materials but I managed to get everything, at least on paper! So now i go to bed but probably later today i will post something. I know time is against me but i'm positive. I (we) will make it anyway so when it will be finished i'll post it here in or out the challenge (i really hope "in"). Ok i'm really tired now, excuse me if I have made errors good night or day it depends on where you are!
Updates will come soon.

Last edited by ZaKKoS : 07 July 2005 at 02:49 PM.

06 June 2005
well...here we go!

1) Plot:

A thug irrupt in the place where members from the rival group are doing their dirty affairs, he shoot to one of them but another one escapes, at this point begin a chase between the two "bad guys" through the street of the city but in the end...

-------------------------------------------------------

Ok, this time my role will be the DP/director (with my friend)/actor (the thug)
We thought it with a cold feel with blue/green/grey tones
In some scene i will use a very fast shutter speed to give to the video a "fast" look (like on save private ryan)

all this things are just a pre-pre-production bunch of ideas so probably during the pre-production stage they will be modified...for now that's all...

Tell me what you think

06 June 2005
good luck man, can't wait to see some wips!

06 June 2005
Thanks archerx, I saw the viewport preview you posted and it looks really cool. I'm impatient to see the characters! They're really neat

2) pre-production: storyboard/fundrising/materials finding

I've started making the storyboard which i'll post here when it will be finished. Since I suck at drawing I'm the only one who will understand it (not really useful uh?).
But before the other crew members have to approve that

Yesterday we got the materials (well only a part to be honest) and a fresnel is already dead...we got a lot of redhead but no baby stands. Also we don't have a tripod (how we will do it is a mistery).

07 July 2005
very bad day...we planned to do the shots today but:

All the material was rented by other people that didn't return them in time. They don't answer the mobile.

Rainy morning, though now there is a bright summer sun. But we don't have the material!

Someone forgot to buy minidv.

Someone else forgot to inform one of the crew members that we were not shooting because of the weather poor girl... (my fault...)

Hope to do it tomorrow...

We will never finish it...

07 July 2005
don't lose hope man, i always say everything happens for a reason, so who knows maybe tomorrow will be an even better day!

07 July 2005
Thanks for the kind words man. Let's see what happens next...

07 July 2005
Well the voting thread goes up next Monday.

Looking forward to your work.

-R
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

07 July 2005
UPDATE!UPDATE!UPDATE!

Monday we have shooted all the scenes (like Archer said it has been a beautiful day). Yesterday we have done the editing. I haven't slept for 3 days

Now we will make the final tweaking and then i'll submit it.

07 July 2005
rendering...

...and then audio editing.

I will post 2 files. one at full resolution and another one which is lighter. Please consider the one at full resolution for voting and the other one only if you can't download the first or if you want a preview.

07 July 2005
Well I say this at "mezza voce" (half voice).

I've put the low res version at my website. I put here the link to the version select page (though only the low res version is available).

If you can't wait download it but tomorrow i will put the high res version online. To download it stop the browser loading and save from the "file" menu. To watch it...well...wait until the download is finished!

>> version select page <<

I want to point out that on this short have worked many people and that i've signed it only because I'm the only one that is registered here. I want to thank them a lot. Without them this work couldn't be done.

Daniele Manca - Codirector, editor, actor (the pursued), generic help (on everything from the screenwriting to the music selection).
Marco Torti - Actor (the last one), lended some locations.
Alessio Mannone - Actor (the first you see).
Elena Fonti - She drove the car.

and just for you to know (on who blame):
Valerio Sacchetto (Me) - Codirector, help editor, actor (the pursuer), D.o.p., screenwriter, composer

Last edited by ZaKKoS : 07 July 2005 at 12:46 AM.

07 July 2005
ok i have uploaded the "dino" file. Here I put the direct link to both because in IE you can't do what i said before...Please watch it fullscreen and then comment it!

small (360x180) 49Mb

Last edited by ZaKKoS : 07 July 2005 at 07:49 PM.

07 July 2005
Hey,

I just whatched your film. I love it. Now that's self derision! haha! And it's very dynamic. Good job.
I wish you luck.
-IS-

07 July 2005
Thanks Igor, I saw your right now ^^ You've done a good job with grading and the music is also well selected! Now i rewrite this in your thread

and then i go watch sergio's

07 July 2005
Amazing!

Great cinematography! Wish I had the film skills you have. Puts me in mind of Run Lola Run, with an amuzing twist. Great Job!

Thread Closed share thread