Particle bounce on floor

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2013
Particle bounce on floor

Hey everyone, my vfx experience isn't really focused on dynamics, but I need to create something I think is pretty simple. I have a large sphere in my scene and it will "explode" into many smaller spheres and fall to the floor.

I plan on doing a visibility toggle for the large sphere when the particles are emitted. I have the emitter set up with particle collision set up with the ground plane, but when they hit the floor they just keep bouncing and never settle. Also they intersect the floor.

Anybody have some tips?

Thanks.

11 November 2013
So after playing with some attributes and further googling, I think I found my solution. I just duplicated my ground plane and moved it the where my spheres are interacting, and hid the original. For the issue with them bouncing forever, it was the offset attribute in the geoConnector that allowed them to settle.

11 November 2013
try lowering conserve to .98 that will help the particle loose some of its energy over time.

11 November 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread