body mechanics project - Work in Progress

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
body mechanics project - Work in Progress

checking in to see if this place is still alive...i'm working on a small body mechanics project. I would love to get some feedback if you have time. thanks in advance!

https://vimeo.com/58904782

if anyone cares to join me, i can email you an .obj file of the obstacle course i'm using.

-rj

02 February 2013
i think i posted in the wrong thread...oh well.

02 February 2013
Hey, it looks nice! How long did this take you?

-DJNelson

02 February 2013
good question...i took a look at my incremantal saves, did a bit of calculation. it then made me realize i'm a bit of a slacker. so from blocking to what you see in this video, it took me about (according to my calculations)

12hrs 29mins

02 February 2013
That's not bad. Yeah, it looks really nice. The only think that I can really see is when he does his initial stretch. After he stretches up, he goes down and his hips/knee seem to pop twice as he goes into that forward lunge pose. Almost like it is stair stepping it's way down. Maybe check the curves on that one. You probably have a few knots on the translate Y.

Cheers,
-DJNelson

02 February 2013
Heres an update http://vimeo.com/59188559

02 February 2013
animals and creatures class assignment

https://vimeo.com/59314634

02 February 2013
I like the update on the guy dancing. The knee looks much better, and I like the little moving hold you put on his arms when he sticks his landing.

Your animal piece looks nice. The main thing throwing me off is that the lynx-type cat seems to have a lot of hangtime, for the amount of jump. His take off looks good, but he seems to be in the air for too long as he's approaching the rock. Almost like he should touch down, but it's delayed. Maybe look into that. Either way, it's looking great. Nice movements.

02 February 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread