Maserati Twins

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2012
Maserati Twins

Maserati Twins 4K
3ds max, vray, after effects.

Hi @ all,

another one shot, ive made last week. Critiques and comments are welcome.

Thanks in advance

NP

Last edited by vitdmy : 12 December 2012 at 06:48 AM.

12 December 2012
Nice work! But I would crop the image by a lot. The upper and the lower third of the image should go as well as 1/6th on the left. Will look better that way and the two cars won't be such a tiny spot in the image

Cheers
Andre

12 December 2012
Originally Posted by ACantarel: Nice work! But I would crop the image by a lot. The upper and the lower third of the image should go as well as 1/6th on the left. Will look better that way and the two cars won't be such a tiny spot in the image

Cheers
Andre

Done!
Thanks for the advice

NP

12 December 2012
nice image

i agree about the cropping.

a couple things i noticed is that the motion blur is a bit strong in comparison to the cars.. they are the ones moving quite fast, and that should be reflected in the image. but not too much, you want to show off your pretty models too!

the light source is quite close to the cars and with such a crisp lighting set up, id expect the shadows to be a bit sharper and maybe less dark, the ground in shadow is black (could be the jpg compression) but i think you could subtly bring that up a bit.. of course its a night shot with a strong light so the shadows will be dark, but just try to always avoid absolute blacks. even if just very subtle, i think it would help quite a bit.

12 December 2012
@ffk123: " they are the ones moving quite fast, and that should be reflected in the image." nope the camera is moving with the cars! Look at commercial car photography, of course you want to avoid motion blur on the cars you want to show. The motion blur contrast between the non blurred cars and the motion blurred background makes the cars standing out.

@naconprest: Yeah I like that way more now Another thing you could try to give the image some more dynamic is lowering the camera more towards the ground, maybe 1 foot off the floor and tilt it counterclockwise by about 15-20 degrees. That way your cars seem to drive upwards (in screen space) instead of downwards which always feels a bit negative. You could also use a bit more of a longer lens to bring the cars even more into the game. If you keep the wider lens, bring in some slight lens distortion (vray cam or whatever you are using) which breaks the super straight cg lines and brings in even more dynamic.

Cheers
Andre

12 December 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread