Female Head

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2012
Female Head

Hey guys, I'm working on a female head. Haven't done one in a while, so I'm rusty. I've got some severe anatomy issues here, so please crit!

12 December 2012
can you give us a 3quart view?

12 December 2012
I've made some minor changes, but here's a 3 quarter view.

12 December 2012
Use more references. That's all I can say.........

12 December 2012
Would also help to post wire-frame of model. I would be happy to review your edge flow and see if it conforms to the major features of the face. Post whenever you can.

12 December 2012
There is a lot of things to be improved. But I begin by saying go through these in order.

1) Start with proportion.

Get the correct position, size of key features like eyes, nose, mouth & their position & proportion in the face. Use the minimum meshs as possible, as its easier to define the proportion with a less dense geometry.

2) Then get the base shapes correct. Do not be concern for details at this moment, just make sure good base to being more detailing.

Make sure the meshes topology are well spread & shape if you intend to use sculpting software later.

3) Only then should you detail. Only subdivide a mesh when you can no longer improve the detail in the poly level. If you feel the need to readjust the proportion, try to do it with the lowest division level possible.

Yes, many people have seen videos of speed sculpting on the net on how someone divide the mesh into millions of polygon & start sculpting the shape from there. It only works when you have reach a certain level of mastery. For the rest of us, building slowly from simple shape to gradually higher details are the better approach, in my opinion anyway.

12 December 2012
Hey Ben,

I would recommend using some 3D.sk images or something to that affect to get proportions as close as possible. Achieving realistic heads and proportions takes time, and without proper reference its very tough.. Try gathering some head images form all angles and go from there..
good luck!
-Dan

12 December 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread