U.S. Lawmakers want "Psychological Impact of Violent Video Games on Youth" studied

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2012
Originally Posted by DSW:

It's obvious that too many feel that having any gun they want is something akin to a religious right. What is the answer to the point being made that the USA has the most gun deaths per capita of ANY 1st world country? I could quote the statistical facts, but they would only be brushed aside.

...and i could argue that the cause is more likely a lack of other societal problems rather than the accessibility to firearms.

but, this too would just be brushed aside as the analytical thinking is too complex.. people want a quick fix and are willing to give away their liberty for the suggestion of protection.

12 December 2012
Originally Posted by tswalk: ...and i could argue that the cause is more likely a lack of other societal problems rather than the accessibility to firearms.

but, this too would just be brushed aside as the analytical thinking is too complex.. people want a quick fix and are willing to give away their liberty for the suggestion of protection.

How can you call that a "quick fix" when clearly data shows that other 1st world countries that have STRICT gun control have far less gun deaths per capita than the US? In gun deaths per capita the US is number 1. I'm not for abolishing guns, but things like 100 round clips should NOT be available for any civilian. You can say it's "giving away liberties" but there is nothing that says you have a RIGHT to huge round clips. You have your gun and ammo - you don't NEED a 100 round clip. There is no giving away of liberty. By using that logic you should have the "right" to have that missile in your backyard since your should have the freedom of owning it and by not "having that freedom" you are giving it up?

12 December 2012
been reading too much articles on gun laws these days, but the gun related to violence encompass all, AFAIK, which include accidental, suicide, and crime. If I remember right, accidental death involving gun is around 530 per year. Cannot remember the rest. The reason people compile these together is to paint a bad picture.

We must remove suicide from the number because if they have no access to gun, they will kill themselves differently, like all those suicide due to bullying and others.

When it come to other type of violence, people need to divide between lawful gun and illegal gun. Violence due to illegal gun, no matter what kind of law being done, won't change a thing.

I think people just combine it together to paint gun owner as bad (and not to mention they talk in numbers, and not percentage to legal gun owners).

I'm not American, but it saddened me because both side are right. But if I have to err, I need to err on the side of owning gun. For two reason:

a) civil war
b) the politic of gun control (just read some of the articles regarding gun + racism). It's not that gun control is bad, it just that I've read enough history to realize that it going to end up just like drug war (and we are talking about low end, high end, the number of white to black, type of drug, and the HSBC thing).

Before people accusing me of wearing a tin foil on my head, I think it is strange to see that of all the time the USA have the opportunity to do a tighter gun law, it happened on Obama 2nd term. Maybe it's time for me to shut up. But with CIA person (that involved with MKULTRA) strangely jump out of his hotel room back then and the fact that Lanza completely destroy his hard disk, and all type of mis-information coming out of there (regarding the mother job, number of shooter, blah blah blah), it think it just a false flag to take gun away from citizen. Remember the kent state shooting? with the number of war, HSBC, the interest rate fix (LIBOR?), and the "getting the state out of US" jokes going around, it seems someone, seriously high in the chain, is afraid of uprising.

You really need to see how the citizen is being treated in the new Orlean after Katrina to see how citizen being "taken" care of.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/201...fficers-katrina

I don't know why, but something big is about to happen to USA (economic collapse, perhaps?). And someone decided to take guns from citizen before it happens.

It is sad that childrens lost their life, but gun control in the US, as the history shows, always have a hidden message.

I really cannot wrap my head around Lanza destroying the hard disk. He's going big and going suicidal - what is the point of hiding evidence?

Thread Closed share thread