Character Modeling: 4 ARMS WIP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #16
Originally Posted by PKD: Looks great so far.

My only critic is that he looks like a bicep character, the other other arms feel awkward too far at the back, & also not clear in the front shot.

I think as a unique character, you have succeeded, but as a 4 armed character, I am not so sure.

bravo... .i was expecting this quote...that the pose for a 4 armed character is completely absurd. I completely understand what you are sayin. you see i created this pose just to see how the polypainted info looks on a live character ( coz i hate T pose overtime). then i didnt get comment that the pose isnt suitable for the character, i was not goin to change it but as someone has finally said it, i will portray somthing more....appealing !

Old 12 December 2012   #17
Arrow

yyeellow folks, we passed the A P O C A L Y P S E !

Hmm...previously a day before apocalypse i got a post saying that the pose didnt really depict the intention of a 4 ARMED character, which i totally agreed and said that i will make somthing appealing. I did some transpose stuff...but...bending character made him look soft & curvy, which looked pathetic as his arms became rubbery. I could have re-sculpted those areas but didnt make much sense. So i did some smart work....S A C R I F I C E....i deleted the rear arms and rear hands, coz sometimes too much is just unnecessary. Well it was a big decision i made. Was i sloppy ? ...mmm...i dont know, honestly i like it now !

Then about the render & light...i did a lot of scouting...tried Marmoset, Vray, even Cryengine 3 (went really bad), but stuck to Z Brush. Used Texture based Light maps & some manual tuning. Exported passes to photoshop...did regular stuff.

HI-RES

Upper Half Close up

HI-RES Upper Half

Now....answer me honestly.....is there somthing missing ?
I'll wait for another day for your comments to make possible changes then i'll add this image to my portfolio stack.

Old 12 December 2012   #18
Hi, I like your work. I couldn't figure out if it's supposed to be an in-game model? I liked the marmoset render better because it was so sharp and your textures really popped, and for real time models I think that's very important. I think in the last render you went a little overboard with the glow and blur. It looks a bit too flat/2d painting to me. Maybe you can add some more depth by adding a few fire particles in front with a bokeh effect on them.
Maybe if you want you could also have some more variety in the materials. Right now its all lava and stone, I think it would be more interesting if for example his breastplate was more of a shiny metal or something, to break things up a bit.
But I think it's a great character nonetheless, keep it up

Old 12 December 2012   #19
I have to agree with El Pollo that the latest render does look a lot more 2D. I still think it looks really cool, but it doesn't necessarily do the model justice if it has so much 3D detail. Upon comparing previous renders I also have to agree that the presentation is much more effective with only 2 arms. I like the pedestal on which you have placed him as well. Nice environment integration there.

Old 12 December 2012   #20
Talking

Originally Posted by ElPollo: Hi, I like your work. I couldn't figure out if it's supposed to be an in-game model? I liked the marmoset render better because it was so sharp and your textures really popped, and for real time models I think that's very important. I think in the last render you went a little overboard with the glow and blur. It looks a bit too flat/2d painting to me. Maybe you can add some more depth by adding a few fire particles in front with a bokeh effect on them.
Maybe if you want you could also have some more variety in the materials. Right now its all lava and stone, I think it would be more interesting if for example his breastplate was more of a shiny metal or something, to break things up a bit.
But I think it's a great character nonetheless, keep it up

ok...Hi Elpollo

well first i want to become a modeler in Game industry, & thats why i have a tendency to convert my every model to low res, acceptable realtime in a game engine. It had nothing to do with the intention of project.

2nd i didnt accept the marmoset render coz it didnt suit my need in lighting the model.

The flatness u mention is understandable, i can try the bokeh effect u mentioned.

Lastly 'no offense' but the feeling of only Lava & stone was intended to look like lava & stone...good that you felt that way, the reason for that is ( i dont know whether you know the BG story for this guy ) he is a raw character not tampered or PAMPERED with...i did some research on lava rocks they tend to remain hard, as the lava continiously keeps em hot due to which there is almost 0% of water around em & shinyness is rare.

Thanx for taking time & sharing what you feel.

Old 12 December 2012   #21
Originally Posted by FancyRedFox: I have to agree with El Pollo that the latest render does look a lot more 2D. I still think it looks really cool, but it doesn't necessarily do the model justice if it has so much 3D detail. Upon comparing previous renders I also have to agree that the presentation is much more effective with only 2 arms. I like the pedestal on which you have placed him as well. Nice environment integration there.

Thanx for comment,

can you elaborate what you mean

"but it doesn't necessarily do the model justice if it has so much 3D detail"

finally thanx for your time...i will give it some love & pack it up.

Old 12 December 2012   #22
Originally Posted by naky007: Thanx for comment,

can you elaborate what you mean

"but it doesn't necessarily do the model justice if it has so much 3D detail"

finally thanx for your time...i will give it some love & pack it up.

What I mean by that is that I like how the 2Dish render looks, but it doesn't show off the intricacies of the model. Sculpting allows you to put fine detail into the project, so show it off!

Old 12 December 2012   #23
ok...so heres with some final touch.

HI-RES

Old 12 December 2012   #24
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread