Get text file for Curvature

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

06 June 2018
Get text file for Curvature

Hello everybody.
I'm able to read the curvature of a U Value of a curve with curvInfoNode, but what i'm looking for is to create a text file where for each CVs get the Curvature or something like that.
For instance a curve with 100 CVs and 10 meters longer and for every cv i have the XYZ coordinates and the curvature radius (cr) itself.
Is there anybody help me?
Thanks

Dario

06 June 2018
Thanks Haggi to reply.
The language is what you prefer. I have no hint because i've not programming knowledge. So what you prefer is my Hint to you. MEL, Python if it would be running inside Maya.
Thanks

Dario

4 Weeks Ago
HI, its a little bit late, but some time ago I created something which might be related to your question. In python you can utilize the json module.
https://vimeo.com/257028498
So what the script in maya does, is storing the UV Values where a point touches the surface for every frame of an animation inside a .json file. Later on you can do all sort of things with this list...for example I created an animated Image sequence with module named PIL,... unfortunately I couldn't get it to work inside maya, so did it in a second script. So if the code exmaple just let me know.

reply share thread