Coke Liquid

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2013   #1
Coke Liquid

Hi all,

I'm hoping that someone out there can help me out with a problem that I'm having creating a material for coca-cola.

The problem I'm now having is with the Cola liquid. I can't get it to have a brown/black glow like an image that I've seen. Ideally I want to replicate this effect on my own model. Can anyone help to advise me how to go about it?

I have C4D R13 and Vray to work with. I have no idea if this is something achieved by lighting, Vray or another method. I've been scouring the web but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

MikeV

Coke Reference Image

Coke reference 2

Old 07 July 2013   #2
Why not show us where you are at, simple screenshots of the vpr View and your Material Settings are fine. Then we can understand where you are at presently.

Old 07 July 2013   #3
I think they are using the same trick in this tutorial in photography: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JczRNjnFRA

Old 07 July 2013   #4
Hi there,

Thanks for viewing my topic, and thanks for you replies.

I'm happy to post my settings on here but I can't figure out how to upload an image to my post? Can anyone tell me how to do this? I'll happily upload a scene file too if that would help?

regards,

Michael

Old 07 July 2013   #5
The way to achieve this effect is a combination of a light source behind the bottle, and using the 'Fog' component in the V-Ray material.

The 'Fog' in the VRay material basically creates a fog effect inside the object based on depth. So by using the correct color and settings, you can get a colored and illuminated (due to the light that is placed behind the bottle) refraction.

I found that sometimes it is necessary to render this refraction effect separately and then composite it over the render for an added effect.

Old 07 July 2013   #6
Hi Toastman,

thanks for your reply. It's really helped me to know that this is a Vray effect. I've ben banging my head trying to create this in the starndard C4D render. I've not much experience with Vray, but now I know that's how this is achieved I'll be spending some time getting to grips with it.

Thanks for your help, Any further advice on where to get hold of good Vray shaders would be appreciated.

MikeV

Old 07 July 2013   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread