Simple CS questions

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

03 March 2005
Unhappy Simple CS questions

1. When importing a BIP file to apply to a biped it often changes the location of the biped from where it was before loading the BIP file. How can I change the position offset so I have he start of the animation start in the position I want. I think this must be really simple but I cannot figure it out

2. During a animation of the biped with a BIP file I want it to change to a rag doll. So I ran the ragdoll script on the animated biped and at frame 300 (near the end of the animation) I previewed the animation of reactor.. it works!! But then I RUN the simulation and the biped is stiff and does not move at all. Any idea ?
If you want to talk 3ds max then add me to your MSN
  03 March 2005
These are not simple questions but I'll have a go.

1. Align a dummy point to the BIP com before loading the new file, then after loading create a new layer and reposition the BIP com to the point. Flatten the layer and re-save the BIP data.

EDIT: I see now there is a move everything button, no need for the old school approach of linking to a dummy.

2. Hellifiknow

Shea Design 3D

Last edited by Ls3D : 03 March 2005 at 10:58 PM.
  03 March 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread