Help!- Good LA area colleges for 3d animation and design for BA!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2009
Help!- Good LA area colleges for 3d animation and design for BA!

This semester at my community college I have recently gained a lot of interest in 3d animation and design. I have been working towards a Art major for a very long time and felt i was roaming till i found what i truly wanted to specialize in. Now that I have found what i want to do, i am lost.

My question is, I want to get a BA in 3d animation and design but i want to try and stay in the LA area and go to a school that takes 3d work seriously and I am not just filling up my time with random film courses or fine arts classes. I will be transferring to the school and i have done a fair share of these GE courses that most schools require. Does anyone have any suggestions? I need to sign up for classes to fill any requirements quickly to transfer!

If i am out of luck, i might just aim to get a AA and take courses at gnomon for certifications. I would however much prefer to have a BA on my resume though.

I am also new to CG society and was referred here by my teacher that inspired me. Please be nice!

12 December 2009
Hello Brawle,

Not a lot of people are going to know all the 4-year animation programs in the LA area. You would probably be best served by doing the research yourself. Go to the transfer center at your community colleges, and they will have university catalogs and databases of degrees offered. They should be able to help you find exactly what schools offer animation degrees in your area.

Also keep in mind that from what I've been able to gather, pretty much any serious 3D animation program is going to have a fair share of 2D art and animation classes as part of the curriculum.

I was going to say USC and UCLA, and then found this link that lists a couple of others as well (Cal State LA, and Cal State Northridge - probably stay away from the Art Institute if you have what it takes to get into one of the others): http://degreedirectory.org/articles...Angeles_CA.html

Good luck!

12 December 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread