Old 02-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #16
J-Bond
Frequenter
portfolio
Igor
Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRandom
We can switch topic and say what is and what could be but not really what this about. The thing is it doesn't matter what you get, the thing that matters is constant development and improvement. The latest and greatest is nothing if something else comes along and everyone switches focus to that. In the case of reactor, for example, it was quite good and pretty solid, the problem was it pretty much saw no further "real" development.

You can get bullet in max currently in TP, soon in Rayfire, as well as dev your own. it too is based on game physics.

It based for games but it implemented in details in TP.
Adding it to Rayfire not give to much difference compare to Physx, it's true.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #17
WyattHarris
Daddy x 4

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Wyatt Harris
WyattHarris.com
Baton Rouge, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by richcz3
PhysX effects are nice eye candy but they can clutter an already busy scene lending a disadvantage with a chance to obscure enemies. I've played Borderlands 2 with PhysX maxed and found some of the effects did just that on certain levels.

The PhysX effect in BL2 looks really good. The fire guns looks like they shoot Magma now and there is flak and debris flying all over in a firefight. But like Rich said, it's so much that it gets in the way of hitting the target now. So far I'm still playing with it because it looks very good but I haven't played on my high character yet. Might get me killed.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 02-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #18
red_oddity
Delivery boy

Sven Noneoftourdamnbusiness
3D modeler/designer
NL

Send a message via ICQ to red_oddity Send a message via AIM to red_oddity Send a message via MSN to red_oddity Send a message via Yahoo to red_oddity
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattHarris
The PhysX effect in BL2 looks really good. The fire guns looks like they shoot Magma now and there is flak and debris flying all over in a firefight. But like Rich said, it's so much that it gets in the way of hitting the target now. So far I'm still playing with it because it looks very good but I haven't played on my high character yet. Might get me killed.

Tried playing it on high settings, but since i run an AMD/ATI card the cpu takes over, and boy, does my i5 not like that amount of debris.
Still, loads of fun.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #19
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread