water lily

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
water lily

Hi

I need help on this, how to float water lily on water , when we are using pond or ocean and float object in that lily leave move according water wave they move one single plane, and how to interact with water and rain,

How can we achieve this, please help on this

Thank you very much...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg water lily.jpg (80.6 KB, 39 views)

Old 03 March 2013   #2
If using a pond you could convert pond to poly and then use a geo constrain to contrain lilly to pond surface. For rain you can emit density from particles using point emission fluid emitter to create ripples.

Old 03 March 2013   #3
The geo constrain is probably the way to go. But for a slightly more dynamic effect one could also convert pond to poly then make it a nucleus passive collider with collide off on the nRigid node but a small amount of pushout. Then make the lilly nCloth. With the right settings it should flow along the water surface, but bob up and down and even surf waves. Gravity needs to be high enough that the lilly does not hang in the air when waves move down quickly. Or one could perhaps fake suction effects by adding some attraction force on the nRigid. Still a geo constrain will be faster, simpler, and will probably look good enough, depending on your needs.

Old 03 March 2013   #4
Thats a good idea about using pushout, actually I just tried this method on a scene I was doing with feathers falling onto a pond surface and it works perfectly! They fall, displace nicely with ripples and remain on the surface of the pond.

Previously I was using collisions but often the deforming mesh would send my particles flying off into space and there was nothing I could do to stop that, its almost as if the velocity of the points ended up with a really high value. I had a workaround but the pushout method is even better. Thanks for that one.

Old 03 March 2013   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread