Please HELP!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
Please HELP!

Hey there,
i try to keep it short and sorry, im a forum noob, if this post is at the wrong section/thread/topic whatever, let me know. (and for my english gramma etc )
Im studding informatic and we got maya this semester. Like good students allways are, i recently start my project...... a little bit late. Means this project has to be done at frieday. So far so good.... so i made a full rig for the character wich i using in my scene. Everything is done...mesh, bones, controllers etc. but when i now bind my skin to the mesh und i move it. The mesh totally flips around and ontop flys the mesh away from the skeleton. I allready unlocked all locked attributs but it still deforms my mesh. Its mybe because of the constrainst.

I have to say that i didnt have a real clue about skinning and i just did it by selecting the root-bone/join and the mesh and bindSkin->smooth bind.

I hope that someone can give me an idea how to fix that.
Thanks, mercy, danke, gracias

Hennox

Last edited by Hennox : 02 February 2013 at 01:10 PM.

Old 02 February 2013   #2
Hi
Select all the joints and bind. Have to paint weights there is no escape route.
Rgds,

Old 02 February 2013   #3
got it

Thx for helping shinyprem,
but i figured out that the mesh was partly not freezed and i deleted everywere the history again.
Sorry i just started with rigging and i was a little bit dizzy because of the exames-stress.
Rgds

Old 02 February 2013   #4
pm_heatweight does a root bone select and then mesh select quite well, as long as the bones are not in a broken hierarchy. It depends on the rig I suppose/ switches.. etc.
Still best to do it manually with 'selected joints' on in bind. (there is no escape route"
Heat weighting in now in Maya 2013 for selected joints, but its broken. A complete fail.

Old 02 February 2013   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread