George Kyparissous/VFX Artist/Demoreel 2012

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #1
George Kyparissous/VFX Artist/Demoreel 2012

Hi everyone,

My name is George Kyparissous and for the past 5 years I have worked as an FX TD, Generalist TD and Lighting TD in various movies, TV shows and commercials. This demoreel contains some of the work I have done professionally over these years. Unfortunately my personal projects couldn't make it this time around because they are not HD. New stuff coming soon though.

My last gig is just about done and I am currently looking for work, initially in London but if things are dry around here anywhere around the world.

My new reel, as well as my CV and reel breakdown (links top left) are on my site: http://www.geovfx.com/

An HD version of my reel is available as well and the link is right by the reel on the main page.

If you have the time, take a look and tell me what you think.

Cheers,
George

My online portfolio

Last edited by icedeyes : 12 December 2012 at 03:09 AM. Reason: added vimeo embedded video

Old 12 December 2012   #2
Badass reel man! I Personally, would love to see more breakdowns showing off how you got there, but I don't know if employers really care for that sort of thing or not. The first shot and the girl with the black eyes were especially memorable for me.

Old 12 December 2012   #3
archanex: thanks for taking the time to look at my reel.. I am really glad you liked it.... While some employers like breakdowns in the reel, it is definatelly not a requirement if you have a shot breakdown sheet sheet to go along with it and while i do appreciate them when they are well made, they are very time consuming... I prefer to devote that time to learn a new skill or work on a personal project instead.. Or just spend some time with the wife ...

My online portfolio

Old 12 December 2012   #4
George- lol I totally understand! I was just being selfish because that's what *I* want to see. I think someone with your experience will be just fine without doing breakdowns Best of luck to you sir!

Old 12 December 2012   #5
Cool stuff man

Old 12 December 2012   #6
archanex: Thanks for the wishes man

mayazeus: Glad you liked it Nick...

If I was more familiar with 3D Studio Max, Blur would definitely be one of the places I would apply to. I am alright with fumefx (had to use it on a couple of projects) but I am mainly using Maya and Houdini right now so I don't think they would even consider me for a position. Plus all the paperwork since i am not a US Citizen... :( Oh well... Maybe i will devote some time to learning max, thinking particles and krakatoa in the near future and apply there next time.

My online portfolio

Old 12 December 2012   #7
Yeah totally man. Houdini is something I think we're diving into for fx. So I think that'll be a tool we use more and more in the future from what I hear.

Old 12 December 2012   #8
Cool inside info Nick... Thanks for the heads up...

Anyone else have any comments on the reel, by the way? I am sending it out to companies so I would like to hear what you think.

My online portfolio

Old 12 December 2012   #9
Thumbs up

Neat, loved it

Old 12 December 2012   #10
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread