GRETCHEN (nudity)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2011   #526
Thanks a lot for the feedback, Alex! Youíre right with the outfit (never had so much difficulties with a colour scheme before) Iíll definitely post the finished piece here.
Thanks again, and

Old 12 December 2011   #527
Hey Zokana,

Nice work, I prefer the rosa version but at the same time I kinda like the mask in the evil version..guess you need to change her shadow or add some hair into the rosa version though..

One change I really like is the lady in the lower right corner of the frame,although she does maybe draw the eye a little too much..or is it just because she looks a little "Angelina" ?
Either way I think she adds something to the image.

Looking forward to the final

Cheers,
Mala

Old 12 December 2011   #528
Hououou, Angelina! Unfortunately she didnít came into my mind, when painting the lady - but now, thanks Mala, itís Angelina! Other special appearances are Gaultier, Nicholson, Dustin Hoffmann (front center ).

I had the same impression about the Angelina lady - sheís drawing a bit too much attention down there, but i think i let her. Hair, mask and costume style will be about the same as on the draft (but more realistic).

Yeah, hope to be able to show the final for New Year.

Thanks a lot, Mala!!

Old 12 December 2011   #529
I like the evil lol maybe because of my sick twisted Taste who knows

Quote: hope to be able to show the final for New Year.

That I hope too mate I really can`t wait to see how this turns out .

Old 12 December 2011   #530
i appreciate the pink color bounce light from the surrounding. there is red color from the stage and audience.the red light also add to the character.it gives the character more realistic.

Old 12 December 2011   #531
Oh my goodness! Grechen must go to CHURCH! Just kidding, she looks great ha.

Old 12 December 2011   #532
Originally Posted by Kanga: Oh my goodness! Grechen must go to CHURCH! Just kidding, she looks great ha.

Mea culpa, reverend Kanga! Sheís basically a good girl, but youríre right, itís maybe not her most decent moment. Sheís going regularly to confession.

And i must confess that iím in default with finishing the piece. It will take a few more days.

Old 12 December 2011   #533
Hello zokana!

What work! very impressive and your character is a really nice and pretty girl.

But why have you work your final composing like 2d? (sorry, I have not all read because my too low english!)

Regards.

Marc

Old 12 December 2011   #534
Originally Posted by karko: Hello zokana!

What work! very impressive and your character is a really nice and pretty girl.

But why have you work your final composing like 2d? (sorry, I have not all read because my too low english!)

Regards.

Marc

Thank you, Marc! It looks a bit 2d because it's fully 2d (nothing to do with my Gretchen 3d character)

Old 08 August 2012   #535
Originally Posted by zokana: Artdigital: Thank you, Danny! Feels good to read!

My wires are most orthodox actually , allowing to use this character as fix resolution model also in high res pictures and having still a lot of options for muscle action - and all this with 20K vertices (excl hair and clothing). Still a comfortable character also for animations.

Nice to know you as staunch viewer of my thread. Indeed, i've used it sometimes as a playground for strange ideas. Now that modeling on Gretchen is finished and she's waiting to get textured and rigged, i'm also playing with the idea to finish my old piece La petite coiffeuse, showing a victim of the historical countess BŠthory as a sort of avenger angel. I did drop the project quite a long time ago, because of believing it was childish somehow, but now i think it's almost a pity to not finish it after all the work already invested. It wouldn't need that much - most work needed on the hair and the oil painting in the back, plus the lighting, which isn't ideal, separating the lady too much from the frame. Below how the picture did look like when dropping the project (parts of the hair still an over paint). Well, the Gretchen face is better in the meantime (and also the body, which wasn't used here) and it's still a nude lady with some sort of weapon, but living with imperfections is part of creativity...

(you can see a large version by clicking on the picture)

WunderschŲn! Gute Arbeit. Lieder, Ich kŲnne nicht die neuesten Bilder sehen , wegen rot X

I know its a little late, as I have not log in here for almost 2 years. This is my first post since 2 years ago, if it means anything to you.

I have since moved to Germany for almost 9th months, & pick up a little German, but only a little. 500km to ZŁrich.

Old 10 October 2012   #536
Originally Posted by zokana: [b]

Wow... how did I miss it? Wonderful! So much emotion in it. This is really what it should be. The nipples are too pink to me though. This mystical feeling it has. There's a lot of going on in this piece, and it's the entourage, the atmosphere you can almost inhale. I'm very happy you did such a wonderful piece, you can be really proud of it.Well ok I shut up now, too much praise. It's really antique and charming.

Old 10 October 2012   #537
Originally Posted by mister3d: Wow... how did I miss it? Wonderful! So much emotion in it. This is really what it should be. The nipples are too pink to me though. This mystical feeling it has. There's a lot of going on in this piece, and it's the entourage, the atmosphere you can almost inhale. I'm very happy you did such a wonderful piece, you can be really proud of it.Well ok I shut up now, too much praise. It's really antique and charming.
Thanks a lot A., much appreciated! Yes, youíre right, nipples are pink and the skin is of zinc.

Currently iím working on some rococo interior which is even more antique (canít show it here), but then iíll probably bring myself to get this unfortunate piece finished. Thanks again for the encouragement!

Old 10 October 2012   #538
Originally Posted by zokana: Thanks a lot A., much appreciated! Yes, youíre right, nipples are pink and the skin is of zinc.

Currently iím working on some rococo interior which is even more antique (canít show it here), but then iíll probably bring myself to get this unfortunate piece finished. Thanks again for the encouragement!

& she has armpit hair..., is that whats the knife is for?

for a moment, I though there is an update on this project, but I haven't seen your updates in the 2D painting for a while also. Busy these days?

Old 10 October 2012   #539
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread