Suggestions regarding VanArts( Vancouver institute of Media Arts )

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2013
Suggestions regarding VanArts( Vancouver institute of Media Arts )

I have done bachelor's in Multimedia & Animation here in India and now I am looking forward to study in VanArts in 3d Character Animation program. Can anybody give me reviews regarding study in Vanarts ? What are the work permit chances after completing the diploma ? Any additional information would be appreciated. Do you know any person, any of your friend or relative has study from VanArts in the said or any other course ?

12 December 2013
Originally Posted by chiraganimator: I have done bachelor's in Multimedia & Animation here in India and now I am looking forward to study in VanArts in 3d Character Animation program. Can anybody give me reviews regarding study in Vanarts ? What are the work permit chances after completing the diploma ? Any additional information would be appreciated. Do you know any person, any of your friend or relative has study from VanArts in the said or any other course ?

Hi, I'm too from India, I'm also looking forward to study Animation or VFX in USA or Canada, I don't know about Vanarts, but I have done my research on few colleges in USA, like SCAD and AAU and also last week I applied to SCAD and looking for forward to apply one or more colleges before i make my final decision after getting accepted from colleges. Please let know if you are interested in SCAD and If you have questions on SCAD, I can help you.

I'm also interested learning more about vanarts and about question, this will very help us, please help us!

Thank You,

12 December 2013
anyone can help, Im also interested in VanArts!

12 December 2013
VFX Schools

I just thought I would give you another option to explore. If you are interested in Visual Effects than I recommend you look into Lost Boys | School of Visual Effects . Lost Boys currently offers two intensive programs, the Advanced VFX Compositing (Nuke/Maya) Program and the Effects Technical Director (Houdini) Program.

As far as work after studies, no school can promise you employment but with a 98% placement rate we are confident of our studentís eminent success. Hope this helps and please feel free to check us out on facebook or e-mail me (ria@lostboys-studios.com) with any questions. All the best and hope you have a Happy New Year!

12 December 2013
Originally Posted by RiaFX: I just thought I would give you another option to explore. If you are interested in Visual Effects than I recommend you look into Lost Boys | School of Visual Effects . Lost Boys currently offers two intensive programs, the Advanced VFX Compositing (Nuke/Maya) Program and the Effects Technical Director (Houdini) Program.

As far as work after studies, no school can promise you employment but with a 98% placement rate we are confident of our studentís eminent success. Hope this helps and please feel free to check us out on facebook or e-mail me (ria@lostboys-studios.com) with any questions. All the best and hope you have a Happy New Year!

First of all thank your for reply and lost boys also o in my list.

I get it that no school can promise employment but question is we are international student and is it possible that we able to get work permit during our studies or after graduating?

How default is to get work permit?

Thank you

12 December 2013
Hello again,

As far as work permits that is more up to the government (immigration) and rules are changing and evolving all the time. All I can say is most of our students have been international and have been able to obtain permits to work in Canada after studies. Again, this is not something a school can promise and if they do I would be skeptical, as it has more to do with the studios interested in hiring you the student, and the immigration officer, than a school. The only thing a school can do is provide you with the best training to ensure you are in high enough demand to warrant a visa.

Hope that helps. Again feel free to contact me directly ria@lostboys-studios.com.

Best

Ria

12 December 2013
yeah, make sense and thank you for your reply!

01 January 2014
No problem. Glad I could help

01 January 2014
Originally Posted by vfxbomb: Hi, I'm too from India, I'm also looking forward to study Animation or VFX in USA or Canada, I don't know about Vanarts, but I have done my research on few colleges in USA, like SCAD and AAU and also last week I applied to SCAD and looking for forward to apply one or more colleges before i make my final decision after getting accepted from colleges. Please let know if you are interested in SCAD and If you have questions on SCAD, I can help you.

I'm also interested learning more about vanarts and about question, this will very help us, please help us!

Hi.. Even I plan to study animation in the US or Canada.. I suggest you read reviews by students at http://www.artschoolreviews.ca/ . Could be helpful.
Also, can you tell me if there are any deadlines for applying to SCAD? I couldn't find any and am worried that I might be too late in applying.. Have you considered others, like CalArts and DAVE?

01 January 2014
Originally Posted by MRucha: Hi.. Even I plan to study animation in the US or Canada.. I suggest you read reviews by students at http://www.artschoolreviews.ca/ . Could be helpful.
Also, can you tell me if there are any deadlines for applying to SCAD? I couldn't find any and am worried that I might be too late in applying.. Have you considered others, like CalArts and DAVE?

Hi, Recently i got accepted into scad for MFA Animation 2014 fall term and SCAD is rolling basis college, so you can apply whenever you want and they opened and accept admission for all 4 terms. For better understating use chat function in SCAD website and Ask whatever questions you have and also check below.

Quote: Are there application deadlines? When will I know if my application has been accepted?
Application materials are due at least 30 days prior to the start of the quarter in which the student intends to enroll. The Admission Review Committee may make a decision on your application as soon as all the required information is received. For SCAD Savannah and SCAD Atlanta students, an I-20 application for a student visa may be issued only after a student has been accepted and has provided the required certification of financial support. SCAD Hong Kong students may begin the visa application process after receiving acceptance to SCAD. New students may enter at the beginning of any quarter, although graduate students are strongly encouraged to begin their studies in the fall quarter.

- See more at: http://www.scad.edu/admission/admis...h.U9UI1v97.dpuf

02 February 2014
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by vfxbomb: Hi, Recently i got accepted into scad for MFA Animation 2014 fall term and SCAD is rolling basis college, so you can apply whenever you want and they opened and accept admission for all 4 terms. For better understating use chat function in SCAD website and Ask whatever questions you have and also check below.

First of all .. Congrats !
Thanks for replying Would love to see your portfolio if it's online !

02 February 2014
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread