Rebecca Kimmel's Anatomy Review 001: GESTURE

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2005
Talking

Xillion,

I think it's awesome that you're doing this! Would you mind posting these instead in the
Gesture Drawings - Post Your Best Gesture Drawings Here! - 2D TRADITIONAL / DIGITAL
thread?

I would like to kind of continue the dialog of Gesture Drawings there, and I have kicked around ideas for revisiting "old" Lessons, which, as you have rightly indicated by your post, should never really go away ~ but I would love for you to post your work in the thread mentioned above so that I can keep things streamlined a bit.

Let me know if you have any suggestions for revisiting "old" Lesson topics ~ a friend of mine had suggested revisiting Lesson topics on a rotating basis ~ tell me what you think.

In the meantime, just post your work in the Gesture thread, as more people will be likely to see your great work!

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

07 July 2005
rebeccak: I hope this does not sound harsh but I'm a bit confused by all these threads. I felt more comfortable with a few precise lessons. That helped me to stay focused on a single problem. Anyway I agree on keeping things streamlined and I copied the post on the other thread with an update.

As for my opinion: I agree on reviewing the topics on a regular basis. Maybe it's worth launching 'incremental review' topics once a week.For example One where you have to do a gesture, build on opposing curves and shade (It can be helpful if the reference or the subject was given).

Thanks for your time.
Regards,
Enrico

07 July 2005
Talking

It is indeed food for thought...perhaps I went a little wacko creating all of these threads...though it has certainly been cool to see the work popping up on them.

Let me think about it and talk with Roberto, and see what we can do.

Thanks for the input!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

07 July 2005
Hi Rebecca. I want to thank you for making this tutorial about gesture sketching. It was because of your tutorial that I now feel that I can draw the human body in any position. My body language is more expressive, and it's just so much easier all-round to draw a character. Thanks.

07 July 2005
Talking

snowkiwi,

Thank you for this! It's very nice of you to leave a kind comment like this. Hope to see you posting work around the forum.

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

08 August 2005
hello!

i just saw this forum yesterday! this is amazing! i'm going to start drawing tomorrow...it's a little late here.....
so, you really had classes with hogarth burne?? that's amazing! i have his books...he's the best....i love his books.
i don't speak much english.....so sorry....

here are some sketches that i like very much....it's in japanesse so look for them http://www.backfire.biz/

08 August 2005
Talking

rodia,

Thanks for posting! Welcome to the forum. Please note that most people are actively posting on Lesson 003 - http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=259291 - so while Lesson 001 is technically no longer open, you are more than free to use Lessons 001 and 002, though I will not be posting critiques on those Lessons.

Please join us for Lesson 003!

Burne Hogarth was a great teacher and left an incredible legacy for his students! Hopefully you will find this forum and its related threads useful. This link may prove useful:

FORUM LINKS - FIND THREADS FAST!

Welcome!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

11 November 2005
Thumbs up hi rebecca

hi
i have seen your work and workshop works.. am realy wanted to discuss about drawings and other stuf but am not able to keep my post my works in this thread...am attching my blog here if possible please give me some feedback..it'll be great for me ..this works are not project works this are shortoff my scribles of lisertimes.....but i need yur help to do good..
thanks
naresh
http://lostinarc.blogspot.com/

11 November 2005
Talking

naresh,

Welcome to the Anatomy forum!

You have some beautiful work, and ought to consider creating your own thread on the Anatomy forum, and calling it Anatomy Thread of naresh.

In terms of posting images, here is a tutorial that should help:

New to CGTalk? Learn how to post IMAGES here!

This thread is a sticky at the top of the forum.

I'll definitely take a better look at your work when I get home later today!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

11 November 2005
Talking thanks

hi am realy wating for your moree feedbackk..]
thnaks

11 November 2005
Talking

Hey naresh,

I think it would be best if you created your own Anatomy Thread, and called it, "Anatomy Thread of naresh". That's a more appropriate place to post individual work ~ this thread is basically a closed Anatomy Review Tutorial thread, but I am happy to provide critique elsewhere. It is just easier if people can directly see the work which is being critiqued ~ I hope you understand. You have some beautiful work, and I would love to see you continue to post here.

Cheers!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

01 January 2006
SPECIAL NOTE - posted 1/23/06:

SINCE THIS IS LARGELY A CLOSED THREAD, FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN FURTHER EXPLORING GESTURE, PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING (ACTIVE) THREAD:

Here we explore the Concept of Gesture and there are many useful exercises. Frankly, the Beginner's Lounge is probably more useful at this point than this one.

Beginners' Lounge
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=297229

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread