The Future of Lightwave/Newtek

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2003
Hello
I think this thread and users bashing each other has just gone out of control. Really...
You know it is never what is being said, but the way it is being said that is a problem. Cim, you should really try to improve your way of talking to people and the way you say things. It will make it a lot easier for people to accept your points. But starting litterally dozens of threads all over the web, where you complain on how much LW sucks, is not going to be helpfull at all. If you happened to just say: "Hey, I just noticed that this could be improved by adding that, or changing that." People would be more likely to agree with you.
But just saying," LightWaves renderer sucks, or Lightwaves animation- tools suck", is not very onstructive and it is not true at all. But if you happened to say: "hmm one could make it a bit faster here and there or add this feature and that, because it would be helpfull because of that". I am sure many people will agree with you...
I can understand emotions going high because of that, like Policarpo's.
So and now just all shake hands and be friendly again, ok?
CU
Elmar

Last edited by E_Moelzer : 04 April 2003 at 11:34 PM.

04 April 2003
Quote: Originally posted by private
I'm all for people expressing their oppinion, but often in a lesser way than the "why don't you get the f*ck out kind of way Policarpo.

Actually, I prefer the "I've got a squirrel in my ass!!" method that CIM uses.

I've recently had an epiphany. On internet forums:

No ones opinion matters at all.

Yet everyone wants to give their opinion.

04 April 2003
Wgreenlee1, thats exactly what I wanted to stop wiht my last post...
I am sure Cim is not a bad guy(he is a LWer how can he be a bad guy?). He just has a very bad way of communicating with people...
Once he manages to express his opinions in a less offensive way, people will love to go on beer with him right? (anyone who dares to contradict me now, will be beaten until death )
And now lets group- hug and then get back to animating, ok?

CU
Elmar

04 April 2003
E_Moelzer I second your views.
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

04 April 2003
I dont care what people say about ya CIM, I love ya man!!!!

in fact I lova all a ya!!!

your like the extended family I never had

in fact, Im buying the beer, thats right everyone come on over to my house right now, I have 3 twelve packs and shit load of jerky!!!

see ya in about an hour then!!!

04 April 2003
Thats the way I like it CTRL+X!!!
CTRL+X -> <- Elmar

04 April 2003
Quote: Originally posted by sketchyjay
Look at all the yelling for sub-surface scattering we were all doing and what did they do. They gave it to us in spades. The new gradiant allows us to do stuff that subsurface scattering alone doesn't do.

Like fake SSS poorly?

04 April 2003
Quote: Originally posted by CG.p
Like fake SSS poorly?

Dont have to tell me....
I had a job for a head shop in town here and had to make some candles.....needless to say G2 is on my want list as soon as I can wrap it in some job that can pay for it.....yuck!

04 April 2003
There was a russian shader plugin a few years back (1997) that did <basically> the same thing the new gradient does. Measrues point A to point B and changes a channel based on that. You couldn't varry it as much as the new gradients but not many people used it.

04 April 2003
Well I do character work, not print or occasional logo and I would love for Ik and Deform to a shot of adreline. Until then I am in Workaround City, USA. Now wheres "SplineGod's thread on how to make LW character work faster"?

04 April 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Julez4001
Well I do character work, not print or occasional logo and I would love for Ik and Deform to a shot of adreline. Until then I am in Workaround City, USA. Now wheres "SplineGod's thread on how to make LW character work faster"?

i think the way the IK engine behaves in LW is one of the reasons I haven't messed with it much...i know my dealings with PM demo and the Motion Builder $100.00 deal have been pure bliss...so i understand...

Last edited by policarpo : 04 April 2003 at 04:00 AM.

04 April 2003

ACM | SIGGRAPH Student Chapter of The Art Institute of California - San Francisco

Personal Website

04 April 2003
I haven't read through this whole thread, but us LW'ers are turning into a crowd of bitchin' whinging old grannies... same old negative attitude being pumped out all day everyday it seems...

c'mon guys/gals lets just go back to the way things were pre 7.5b and be the happy/helpful bunch we were or just start using the XSI demo...

Website
Life in Black and White

Thread Closed share thread