button constraints and MEL

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2006
Smile button constraints and MEL

Hello all. I am trying to create a script for Maya 7.0 that adds an array of sequins to a syflex cloth. I can of course add sequins one by one through clicking "syflex|constraints|create button", but I'd like to automate this. There does not seem to be a MEL script command for this and I don't see it mentioned in the syflex docs.

Anyone have any idea how to solve this? Each sequin is meant to be an individual button so they move independently of each other but attached to the cloth.

Thanks all in advance!

--Boumboum34

12 December 2006

Ok, evidently no one had the answer, but I figured it out. There is a hidden, undocumented syflex command called syCreateButton which I discovered by going onto the Maya script editor and turning on "Script|Echo All Commands".

The above is a test image, still very much a work in progress, of a chainmail cloth created using a script that uses button constraints to attach rings to a syflex cloth. I was inspired by Max Kor's "The Final Battle".

12 December 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread