Mesh Surgery 1.1 Update

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2003
No out of memory on ramp now - the resave trick did it for me.

IŽbe interested in the purpose of

._Pinch_Twirl.txt
._Ramp.txt
._Ripple.txt

Loading into Coffee editor doesnŽt show anything. Seems to be not a normal textfile. Are these files necessary?

Thanks
Gunter

11 November 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Jake L

1. The Extend command still remains a mystery of the "nuthin happens" kind. It could well be me again - but the tool doesn't seem to behave as described (repeat edge extrusions etc)

Think of the extend command as a zero-length extrude that doesn't change your tool mode. This command extrudes a new poly selection and selects the extruded copy. Until you move/rotate/scale the extruded copy you won't see anuthing as the copy is in the exactly the same place the original. To see something happening, try this: create a cube, make it editable, select a face poly, hit extend, and then move the selected poly. You'll see it's been extruded.

When attached to a key (I use Shift-X) it's a real time saver to quickly add geometry without needing to change to tools. For some modelers this is a real workflow improvement.

-K

11 November 2003
Thanks for clearing the matter up to a cloudy mind, rabbitroo!

Yea, this tool loves a shortcut

And, I even got me ramp working after a second re-save routine via notepad

11 November 2003
Hi ,

I just downloaded the update, finally. I'm impressed. Very good work by you two. I really can no longer imagine how to model without Mesh Surgery in C4D.
But there's one thing that makes me wonder a bit. Why do the hindge tools not remember the tool settings. Is this intentional? When I switch back and forth from hinge Tools to the C4D Select Tool and I had HingeMode->Axis selected the next time I activate Hinge it shows again HingeMode->Edge. This is a bit disturbing. Or do I overlook a fundamental setting.

cheers mnu

11 November 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Jake L

3. Are we supposed to havePosition/Direction controls for the falloff (as in the demos)?

if you want those contorls all you have to do is set the mode from Simple to Advanced in the preferences tab.

If you don't need numerical, then just press tab to lock/unlock the falloff (locked it will bring up it's handles so you can grab and move it around as you please).

11 November 2003
PLEASE LET'S START USING THE STICKY THREAD.

Thread Closed share thread