unofficial 8.2 download -------------->

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2003
unofficial 8.2 download -------------->

(found at www.c4d-treff.de)

for those who cant wait till next week:

ftp.maxoncomputer.co.uk/pub/r8/up -> updater_c4d_82_tescht.zip
or sit (mac)

(english version)

maxon says:
its recommended to wait for the official release next week though.

have phun,
squirrel

09 September 2003
heh heh thanks for the heads up...not sure maxon would be pleased but hey...you're the Squirrel its your job to find hidden little chesnuts like this!!

Henry Moore

09 September 2003
Hi,
don't know why the download is available and i'm not sure what version of the updater is available there.
I can't stop you from downloading, but please don't cry if something is messed up by this updater or the version you get after using it
I strongly recommend NOT to use this version for any production work.
Cheers
Srek

09 September 2003
I say just wait, it wouldnt be worth osing all your tuff or getting something screwed up, but i must say you are a very crafty squirrel

09 September 2003
Question

Call me thick, but how can this be available through maxon's own site, while being unofficial...?

I mean, someone has got to put it up there, right...?

09 September 2003
It could be made for a different language version and ported to english with errors??? mabey

09 September 2003
Hmm... My guess is that the Maxon FTP is going to get a whole lot of weird traffic now... Umm, I think I'll just wait until next week, if indeed that is when the real updater is going to appear officially.

Cool thing though, Squirrel!

xenomata

Be indiscreet - do it continuously.

09 September 2003
45 mbyte? i hope the final version will be smaller or available on cd-rom. does maxon expect all their user to have broadband connections?

09 September 2003
someone delete this thread, otherwise there'll be an "unofficial update doesn't work thread" appearing created by some fool that just can't be patient and wait for a proper release.

09 September 2003
Quote: Originally posted by CosmicBear
45 mbyte? i hope the final version will be smaller or available on cd-rom. does maxon expect all their user to have broadband connections?

new features take up file space, and I'm assuming it included everything from the 8.1 update aswell, which was 28 meg if I remember correctly

09 September 2003
I won't delete this thread since nobody from Maxon asked me to do that but i'm closing it because questions about 8.2 aren't allowed till 8.2 is officially out, i hope this doesn't piss off anybody.

Thread Closed share thread