Hidden Ancient Forest

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #1
Hidden Ancient Forest

Hi there everyone!

I have been working on a rough concept for my next demo piece, and would like some feedback on what I came up with today:

Concept Drawing Link

Thanks Guys and Gals!

Kori

Old 11 November 2012   #2
Alrighty so I took some time today to flesh out my idea a little more. I took the elements I liked and tried to create a clearer picture with a bit of a story:

Updated Concept

Feel free to share your thoughts!

Kori

Old 11 November 2012   #3
The second one is far better. It's a lot more mystical, and interesting to look at. I think the tree is supposed to have a beard made of leaves, but when I look at it the 1st thing I see is the tree vomiting haha. Otherwise love the concept, can't wait to see what you do with it.

Old 11 November 2012   #4
Ha ha ha Dangit! I showed this to my girlfriend and she said the same thing :P I'll get that changed. Thanks FancyRedFox I appreciate it!

Old 01 January 2013   #5
Hey everyone! Hope you all had great holidays. After a lot of eating and re-cooperating, I'm back with an environment update! here is what I've made in 3D:

Forest Update

Let me know what you all think. Thanks!

Kori

Old 01 January 2013   #6
Looks sick dude, I like the lighting and color scheme. I would suggest, however, pumping a lot more detail into the tree in the foreground. My eye was immediately drawn to the shrine in the background (which looks awesome by the way, nice design.) while the tree is just kind of.. there. Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing where you take this piece.

Old 01 January 2013   #7
Hey FancyRedFox!

When you say more detail in the front tree, what part of it do you think need more? Like model, texture etc.

Thanks mon!

Kori

Old 01 January 2013   #8
The texturing looks good, I just think the model just needs some beefing up.

Old 01 January 2013   #9
Hey everyone!

I went back and made some revisions to my environment, based on some comments I got on and off the site:

Updated Environment

Let me know what you think!

Thanks all,

Kori

Old 01 January 2013   #10
Nice, looking a lot better! The facial structure is definitely way more prominent on the tree, but I would recommend tweaking the color/shade of the beard so it doesn't blend in with the surrounding environment so much.

Old 01 January 2013   #11
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread