Ugac - Prop 102 - Ultimate Crate/barrel - James Kaufeldt

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2005
thx. that was fast. but are also normal maps rendered in this vr movie? seems to be pretty plain, isnt it?

Blog

06 June 2005
Originally Posted by sascha henrichs: thx. that was fast. but are also normal maps rendered in this vr movie? seems to be pretty plain, isnt it?

They are, but they end up being pretty subtle with the flat default light, high compression and low resolution... I made another one first which showed them off better, but the file ended up being 15 megs, so I couldn't be bothered posting that

xenomata

Be indiscreet - do it continuously.

06 June 2005
Nice movie you got there.

Just a though from looking at the crate. Maybe it could use a contrast color, like some red or blue striping to break up the greyishness.

06 June 2005
Originally Posted by JamesMK: I used the NLIN shader to generate the tangent map. According to the readme it should be available @ http://www.franks-planet.de but I'm getting a time-out... A search might reveal alternate locations. For the actual normal-mapping in the render, you'd have to use something like ParaNormal.

Cool - thanks a lot!

Ps: Didnīt get a time-out on the site.

06 June 2005
Hey James!

Nice work BTW

I was wondering what you used to make that quicktime VR thingy? I'd like to make one for mine when I get to that stage...

06 June 2005
Supervlieg - Yeah, good point. It looks a little colourless right now... but I've already called it, so I'm not touching it again

Pit - Goody!

Dargon - Well, the QT VR is really easy in my case, since Cinema 4D supports that output format natively... I just set a few params and hit render. Have honestly no idea how to do it elsewhere, but since the format as such is basically just a movie anyway with a few extra bits set in the QT header (just guessing here) I wouldn't be surprised if there are plugins for whatever app you're using that can handle it.

xenomata

07 July 2005
Wicked cool. I want to be just like you when I grow up. Wait, I am grown up. Shit!

07 July 2005
Originally Posted by 3D_Explorer: Wait, I am grown up. Shit!

lol - I came to the same conclusion myself a couple of days ago. Really sucks, doesn't it?

xenomata

07 July 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread