Assassin (my first character)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2013
Post Assassin (my first character)

Hi folks,
this is my first character I made (lots of attempts in the past but never finished anything), I called it simply "assassin", its inspired mainly by Ezio and Altair but I tryed to add my own elements to the character. its kinda fan-art and my tribute to this great game saga. I know its not perfect but its my first one.

I would like to hear your opinions and critique (as first I know the skin isnt so good but it was pure pain in the ass for me to setting it up )

SW used: Maya, Mental Ray, Mudbox and Photoshop

Last edited by shadow92 : 12 December 2013 at 11:08 PM.

12 December 2013
First of all it's noticeable that you were going in right direction and for sure next project will be a much better!

- face... I think you know it
- skin isn't that bad as could be, I can say that is pretty ok, of course you should work some more on it but it's going to good level. For next project keep it in mind that use some textures
- a whole character have too low amount of details
- you should work more on clothes materials, theres is too much bump, too low folds and any fall-off material
- metal and leather materials are too clear and too shiny
- knifes are too small (even if they're to throwing)
- there is no toenails on hands

Here is a tip:
If you have a problem with faces (there is nothing to be ashamed of because it's quite hard part of CG) then you can use some masks, helmets, shawls and anything else what can hide face. In this way you can keep style of your character and don't decrease level of a work

All you need is to meet
The GarageFarm.NET

12 December 2013
For a first character, this is pretty good. I think at this point, its best to keep working hard to improve with in your future models.

12 December 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread