Jesus Bibian_Character_Render and Lighting_Possessed!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

1 Week Ago
Jesus Bibian_Character_Render and Lighting_Possessed!

I did several photogrammetry projects this past Halloween which involved photo scanning several pumpkins. The idea is to bring the pumpkin to life, thus the title "Possessed!".

I realize it's a late start to the competition, but I have been working on it here and there during my free time. Updates soon!

Last edited by ChewyPixels : 22 Hours Ago at 11:54 PM. Reason: Added entry to Render & Lighting category

1 Week Ago
Sculpt process.

1 Week Ago
Jack 'O Lantern retopo'd & UV mapped. A couple of clay renders to check displacement. I'm using Redshift for these. Seems Radeon ProRender doesn't like my quadro :-/

Last edited by ChewyPixels : 1 Week Ago at 02:32 PM.

1 Week Ago
Texturing done in Substance Painter.

Next up is creating a basic rig then I'll be animating him. Are animated pieces allowed? I don't think a still would work for this character since a portion of him is hidden otherwise.

Last edited by ChewyPixels : 1 Week Ago at 03:20 PM.

1 Week Ago
Rig is done. I couldn't resist doing some look dev first before moving onto animation. All WIP.

5 Days Ago
First pass at animating the Jack 'O Lantern.

4 Days Ago
I think this is where I'm leaving the animation at. Need to move onto the environment. Something simple. Then it's onto rendering.

3 Days Ago
Haha ! well done on the animation ! I love it.

3 Days Ago
Thanks Yannick!

1 Day Ago
Locking the composition down since I think it best shows the character off.Trying a couple of variations. One with and without grass.

I just need to setup some AOVs and render layers then off to rendering a couple of 3K square images for the final. Rendering the animation will probably have to wait till after the competition unfortunately.

Depending on time, I'd like to give ProRender another try but in CPU mode since my Quadro is not supported. We'll see if time allows.

22 Hours Ago
Final entry. I rendered 2 variations @ 3K each for the Render & Lighting category. Minimal post since I ran out of time.

reply share thread